Sing A Song of Sorrow YKTTW Discussion
|Sing A Song of Sorrow|
When a group or character sings to display their mourning
A great tragedy occurs within the Five-Man Band, or just a single Hero and it even appears that someone near and dear to them may either be Killed Off for Real or suffered from a Disney Death, or something else tragic. To truly express their state of grief and sadness, this can only call for... ...a song That's right, (usually) the whole group will Sing A Song Of Of Sorrow to mourn their fallen comrade May overlap with Amazing Freaking Grace Examples:
- In episode 24 of My Bride Is a Mermaid a large group can be seen singing sadly after hearing about Kai's "diagnosis"
- Suburban Knights has a solo example with Linkara's Ma-Ti tribute
- Rugrats Tales From the Crib: Snow White has this after Snow White/Susie falls asleep
- Tangled has this near the end resulting in a Dark Reprise
- An American Tail has "Somewhere Out There" between Fievel and Tonya
- Subverted in Pooh's Grand Adventure has "Wherever You Are" as Christopher Robin isn't "gone" but "missing"
- Annie has several having to do with her (deceased) parents
- At the end of West Side Story, Maria sings the reprise of a love song from earlier in the movie while she's holding Tony and chokes up before she can finish.
- In Dragon Age, after you finish the Dalish quest (where no happy ending is possible), if you Talk to Leliana in camp, she will sing In Uthenera, a traditional Dalish song about the death of an elder.
- In Iroh's chapter of Tales of Ba Sing Se in Avatar: The Last Airbender, he sings a song throughout the cheery short. At the end, he sits down and cries over the death of his son, still singing. The scene ends with a still frame honoring the death of Iroh's voice actor, Mako.