It's certainly pretty on these Princesses.These days, some cultures see purple as a feminine color, perhaps the most feminine color, other than pink. Then again, it's not always the same kind of femininity as pink. This is seen often as the more "graceful" and "mature" color, while pink often is the more "sweet" and "girly" color. But not always. Now even though this color can be worn by girls of any age, older feminine women are more likely to wear this color long after they stopped wearing pink. So you could say Princesses Prefer Pink, but a Proper Lady prefers violet. This also tends to be a popular color among some Mary Sues. A Sister Trope to Pink Means Feminine (and can double it with colors like fuchsia). Compare Purple Is Pimp (and can overlap if the wearer is an Action Girl, but still in elegant clothes), Purple Eyes, Princess Phase, Purple Is Pink On Steroids.
- Rapuzel of Tangled wears a purple dress.
- The Disney Princess site offers several purple dresses in the Virtual Paper Doll game.
- When Rarity, the most feminine main character in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, has a violet main and tail.
- Action Girl Virginia's fuchsia Pimped-Out Dress in Wild ARMs 3.
- Yue, the princess of the Northern Water Tribe Avatar: The Last Airbender, wears purple, when all the other water tribes wear blue (although a play involving her portrays her wearing pink).
- Sumire of Sakura Taisen wears purple as her main color, in her uniform and regular outfit.
- Angel Salvia in Wedding Peach wears purple both in her Fairytale Wedding Dress and her Mini Dress Of Power.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable