Beatrice Bright is for animal rights--
She's waiting for Animal Day to arrive.
And though you see her
In her new fox fur,
The fox that she wears is still alive
Basically when someone is wearing one or more fur-bearing animals like a fur.
This is usually done to show a close relationship between an owner and pet that the pet would do this, or as a joke where The Reveal
is that the garment is of living animals.
This also nicely averts Fur and Loathing
(unless the animals are enslaved to do this).
of Pretty in Mink
A Sister Trope
to It's Fake Fur, It's Fine
(in averting the implications of real fur), Feather Boa Constrictor
(wearing a snake similarly).
Constrast Cruella to Animals
- In Kevin & Kell, Kell's mother, Elanor, tries day trading, and makes enough to actually pay minks to be a coat for her. She later makes a bad stock and trades it for a Bankruptcy Barrel.
- Nanny Ogg takes her cat to the opera in Maskerade, and wears him around her neck. Someone later comments that her fur stole is eating someone's food in another seat.
- In the Phineas and Ferb episode "Run Run Away", Candace imagines herself being a model, and we see a shot of her in Fashion Magazines, including one where she is wearing a white cat around her neck.
- When the Carrington sisters are shipwrecked in Elite Beat Agents, one of the things they get the animals to do are wrap around their shoulders to keep them warm.
- Marie Miwa of the Ace Attorney games wears a coat of her pet foxes, who then come lose and help her in some tasks. The silver fox on her neck even acts as an Expressive Accessory.
- In Catwoman's first appearance in Batman: The Animated Series, she is carrying her cat, Isis, around her neck, to help in one of her theft's.