SlideAttack Slide Attack YKTTW Discussion
Sliding along the ground as an attackDescription Needs Help Up For Grabs
Primarily used to trip enemies, duck under attacks or traverse low obstacles, this involves a character being able to slide quickly along the ground to strike low, almost like a baseball-player sliding into home plate. This will commonly show up in the form of a kick, as it's most often done foot-first, however some characters have been known to slide on their belly. Cases where the user appears to hover across the ground falls under Artistic License. Since this technique is hardly considered a conventional method of attack, those utilizing it can be expected to be a Combat Pragmatist, Fighting Clown or have some elements of Confusion Fu in their style. Also see Diving Kick and Videogame Dashing. Compare Rolling Attack. Video Games
- Chin Gentsai from The King of Fighters shows how it's done.
- In Street Fighter, Dhalsim can do such a move with his Down + Light.
- Mario is able to do this in Super Mario 64, and it was used for a Dash Attack in Super Smash Bros..
- Introduced in Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash in can slide attack by pressing the crouch button during a run.
- Nathan Drake in Uncharted can do this to trip his enemies, and it shows up as his Down + Square attack in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.
- Starting in Megaman 3, a slide has been a staple in the Megaman series. Notably, it doesn't actually work as an attack; if Mega Man slides into an enemy he will take damage but the enemy will not. The one exception in in Mega Man 5, where the Charge Kick weapon allows him to cause damage to enemies by sliding.
- One of Sub-Zero's special moves in the first Mortal Kombat and is a signature move in subsequent games.
- The Slide Kick is one of the most efficient attacks in Mirror's Edge, since it is almost guaranteed to land a Groin Attack on unprotected enemies.
- A common move in Castlevania games. Sometimes it's a starting move, sometimes it's used to further exploration
- Batman (and the other characters) can do this in Arkham City by pressing crouch while running.
- Many Tekken games let the fighters slide from a full run into an ankle-aimed kick to trip opponents.
- In the Soul Series, Voldo's Blind Drop Kick works as a stomach-down, foot-first version.
- Deadpool does this for his Crouching Heavy in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- Kirby has a sliding kick attack in several games, including Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star.
- Sonic the Hedgehog has been able to do this in many of the 3-D titles. Shadow has also been known to use it.
- Illusion of Gaia: One of Will's attacks is a sliding kick that can be used to pass through low crevices.
- Fancy Pants Adventures: Fancy Pants can slide to knock out enemies. If done on an incline it becomes a Rolling Attack.
- in The very first Touhou game, Highly Responsive to Prayers, Reimu can do a slide kick as one of the ways to knock the Yin-Yang Orb around.
- The Claw is able to do this in Ys: Origin
- Raiden in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance can perform a slide attack by pressing the strong attack button during a Ninja Run.
- In Gravity Rush, Kat can justifiably hover across the ground with her Gravity Slide. Enemies she comes into contact with will be automatically hit with her Slide Kick. This move is also used as her Down + Triangle in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale to duck beneath projectiles and giver her more ground maneuverability.
- Deliberately "spiking" a baseman by sliding into his ankles with cleated shoes is an attack.