Arena Fighting Game
A FightingGame focused on FreeFloorFighting and simple controls in the 3rd-Person
[I'm going to be completely honest: I have no idea how to easily define this or differentiate it from other tropes, so I'm going to need help there. There's a decent chance I actually have two or three separate tropes here] This is a type of 3-D Fighting Game focus heavily on the complex, multidimensional environments, fast, easily-controlled characters to fight in them, and usually plenty of flash. The most distinctive trait of these games is their pick-up-and-play combat design and distinctive camera placement, which comes in two types.
- 3rd-Person: Sometimes these games choose to stay positioned behind the characters. These games closely resemble a Dynasty Warriors-style Hack and Slash or Devil May Cry-style Beat 'em Up game, but in a player-versus-player approach. Because of genre's tenancy to easily-accessed projectiles, these games can have elements of a Third-Person Shooter.
- Fixed Camera: This has the camera angle staring at large board in pseudo 3-D. These games resemble a 3/4 View, but with more free-form mobility and multiple levels of elevation.
- Anarchy Reigns
- Castlevania: Judgment
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- God of War: Ascension added a multiplayer mode that at its most basic level became this trope.
- Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
- Gundam Vs Series
- J Stars Victory VS
- The Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm series
- Rise of Incarnates
- Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle started out as a Dynasty Warriors-esque Action-Adventure game before this sequel added versus fighting, placing it firmly in this genre and confirming the link to Hack and Slash games)
- War Of The Monsters
- The The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy game
- Kung Fu Chaos
- Mahou Sensei Negima!!? Neo Pactio Fight!!
- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
- One Piece: Grand Battle!
- Power Stone
- Shrek SuperSlam
- Sonic Battle
- Tom and Jerry: Fists of Fury and War of the Whiskers
- Sword and Glory
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.