Created By: Phediuk on August 8, 2009
Do we have this one? A scene--usually from a movie, but I'm sure there are examples in other media--which is far, far more famous than any other part in it. If the work is referenced in pop culture, it will be a reference to this scene. The DVD cover will often depict this scene. Any parodies will also center on this scene specifically. It's like a Breakout Character, but in scene form.
- Gene Kelly dancing on a puddly street in Singin' in the Rain.
- The shower scene from Psycho.
- "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" from A Few Good Men.
- Harold Lloyd hanging from the clock in Safety Last.
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment from Fantasia.
- Another Disney example: the two dogs slurping spaghetti and touching their noses together in Lady and the Tramp.
- The Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes.
- "I'm Spartacus! No, I'm Spartacus!" from Spartacus.
- It's easy to forget that there are parts of Home Alone that don't involve Harry and Marv comically injuring themselves on Kevin's traps.
- D-day from Saving Private Ryan.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.