Attraction To Outliers
Supertrope for attractiveness based on rejection of societal and/or gender conformity.
"She's beautiful," he murmured.
"She's a metre across the hips, easily," said Julia.
- They don't fully comply to gender ideals.
- They are mysterious, weird, or dangerous.
- Society shuns them or treats them as undesirables, outcasts or criminals.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: When a man is sexy because he isn't a true gentleman..
- Amazon Chaser: He cares more about a woman's toughness than her beauty (doesn't mean she can't be beautiful, though).
- Amazonian Beauty: Her tougher body is attractive in all the right ways.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: They more closely resemble the opposite sex, but for some people, that's just fine.
- The Baroness (Sexpot version): She's fully committed to evil, but is wickedly attractive for it.
- Bastard Boyfriend/Bastard Girlfriend: There's a certain kind of allure to someone who both desires you sexually and treats you like someone they can toy with for their amusement
- Big Beautiful Woman/Big Beautiful Man: Their body type is not the ideal, but are still a turn-on. Expect the Chubby Chaser to melt instantly.
- Dating Catwoman: Dating an enemy is a fetish in and of itself.
- Dominatrix: A woman whose displayed power is emphasized and exaggerated for fetish.
- Evil is Sexy: Being a menace to society is sexually alluring.
- Femme Fatale: The danger and risk associated with her is part of her allure.
- Foreign Fanservice: S/he is from an outside culture, and the weird foreign culture is played up for fetish.
- Freakiness Shame: One character has a deformity, mutation, or other trait that makes them stand out, but another character finds it attractive.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: She's a prostitute and thus an "unchaste" woman, but she's a nice person. The archetype either makes her Closer to Earth because of her job, or Love Redeems and she is rescued from it by her Knight in Shining Armor.
- I Can Change My Beloved: Part of the appeal of an outlier is the belief that you (and ONLY you) can turn them into something "better".
- Geeky Turn-On: A fetish for nerdy, dorky, or geeky things or people.
- Military Maverick: The bad boy that usually seduces The General's Daughter.
- My Girl Is a Slut: The promiscuity of the girl stands opposed to All Women Are Prudes and is a massive turn-on.
- Nightmare Fetishist: What terrifies or disgusts most people is quirky and infatuating to this character.
- Race Fetish: A person has a fetish for a particular race, presumably because their own is more common.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: This trope distilled into an art form. Overt sexuality is shorthand for "villain" while sensible wear is code for "heroine". This has the double implication of assuming that someone who is overtly sexy is not socially acceptable and/or that they are sexy BECAUSE they are not socially acceptable.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She ignores all nudity/sexuality taboos and is appealing to the characters and the audience for it.
- The Tease: Displaying his/her sexuality, but not committing to it, is what makes them frustratingly attractive.
- Villainesses Want Heroes: Sometimes an inversion to this trope, and sometimes playing it straight; a "bad girl" wants a good guy for a variety of reasons.
- Weakness Turns Her On: A woman who doesn't like tough men.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.