Useful Notes: Dehydrated Noodles and Ramen YKTTW Discussion
|Useful Notes: Dehydrated Noodles and Ramen|
NOTE: This article is in desperate need of help from an expert in dried/dehydrated noodles and/or ramen. What I have typed is a bar, of sorts, to start from. If you are knowledgeable in these foods, please feel free to edit this as you wish, or even remove some sections and rebuild this from the ground up. If you are not knowledgeable, feel free to edit this anyway. When you hear the word "ramen," what do you think of? If you are American, chances are you think of dried noodles with some strange powder, servedin a styrofoam cup. You pour boiling water into the cup, wait for three minutes, and serve. Which companies and brands you see most often will depend on the country you're from:
- Australia and South Africa: Maggi's Two-Minute Noodles (actually from India)
- United Kingdom: Unilever's Pot Noodles
- United States: Maruchan's Instant Lunch and Nissin's Cup Noodles
Dehydrated noodles as seen in mediaAnime and Manga
- The heroes in Cowboy Bebop always find themselves eating dried noodles of various types due to their constant lack of money. It becomes a Running Gag.
- In The Tomorrow Series, city girl Fi is entirely unfamiliar with Two-Minute Noodles. Jack tells her about him subsisting on Two-Minute Noodles for a whole week when living with his father before the war.
- In Red Dwarf, Lister refers to "Pot Noodles" as a meal of last resort.
- In Ace Attorney, Dick Gumshoe frequently finds himself eating ramen.
- The students in PHD feed off of dried ramen and free food.
Fresh ramen as seen in mediaAnime and Manga
- The titular character in Naruto is a fan of ramen, referring specifically to the fresh kind. The series has a ramen bar, Ichiraku Ramen, that's internationally famous.
- Ramen Fighter Miki focuses on competing ramen delivery services.
- In One Piece, Wanze fights using ramen noodles as armor and as grappling.
- In The World Ends with You, there's a ramen restaurant (Ramen Don)whose food affects the player characters' stats. In Week 2, Day 3, a mission revolves around Ramen Don and a rival ramen shop which opens a few doors down.