Since most people imagine God as an bearded old man, naturally the antithesis of this would be having the supreme ruler of the universe be a young girl instead. Creators will sometimes do this to subvert a viewer's expectations, especially in works heavy with Epileptic Trees and Mind Screw. Compare to Token Deity for other unlikely gods, and Goo Goo Godlike for other improbably powerful kids.
Anime & Manga
Anime & Manga
- Suzumiya Haruhi
- Lain from Serial Experiments Lain
- The premise of Kamichu!!. The full title actually means "The Goddess, A Middle-School Girl"
- Kyouka "Kyoukya Eaeriaea" Midarezaki
- The anime Kamichama Karin has several very young gods and godesses... though the titular character really isn't very GOOD at it, despite apparently being an incarnation of Athena.
- In The Sandman, the Lord of Chaos Shivering Jemmy manifests as a young blonde girl with a balloon.
- Aphrael, the Child Goddess in The Elenium.
- The Ellimist, who "merely appears all-powerful from your limited perspective", first appears to the group by copying the form of a nearby girl.
- Ivy (The Archive) in the Dresden Files contains the entire wealth of any knowledge that has ever been written down in any language throughout time... in the body of a 8-year old girl... who likes kitties.
- Not exactly a god, but The Never-Ending Story has Moonchild.
- On Angel, The Powers That Be manifested themselves as a little girl for a while.
- God took the shape of an elementary-school girl a couple of times in Joan of Arcadia.
- The song, God is a Girl.
- It is implied in Demon: The Fallen fluff that the (old) World of Darkness' God is a girl. Since the Fallen are pretty much the only still-living beings who have actually seen God at the dawn of time, their word can be trusted.
- Eternal Daughter: Player character Mia is a demigod.
- An old, discontinued webcomic, Acid Reflux, had a little girl get her own (used) universe as a present. Her name, of course, was "God." Much humor occurs when she's sucked into said universe, a sort of high fantasy pastiche.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.