For some Freudian symbolism have a character, often times a villain, keep his sword/knife directly over his penis or stab another character with the implications being that it represents their penis. Swords are phallic shaped anyway but this makes the implications more obvious especially when they penetrate another characters body with said sword in a rape metaphor. Often has perverted implications.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- In Black Cat after smashing Train into the wall Creed (while holding a rose between his teeth, no less) goes on about how his emotions running high in disappointment and anger towards Train has caused his Imaginary Blade to grow enormous in strength and size and he even tries to penetrate Train's body with said ridiculously phallic-looking sword.
- Naruto and Sasuke have a lot of Ho Yay between them. Because of this any attempts on Sasuke's part to kill Naruto by stabbing him with his sword come off looking like he's trying to have sex with him.
- The location of Mayuri Kurotsuchi's sword in Bleach.
- Revolutionary Girl Utena often makes much use of phallic Freudian imagery, usually through the use of of swords.
- Spaceballs where Yogurt and Dark Helmet are comparing the size of their shwartzes.
- Psycho features the infamous shower scene—the phallic-shaped knife, repeatedly stabbing Marion, the entire murder being born of the killer's sexual repression. . .
- In the Scream movies the killer repeatedly goes after young women and acts seductively towards them even when trying to murder them or stab them with his phallic shaped knife.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable