Do We Have This One? Up For Grabs The process of creating a creature or an object, be it mechanically or magically. Forging Scene, for when it is the creation of a weapon, and A Team Montage are Sub Tropes. See also Transformation Sequence, Technology Porn.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Ghost In The Shell starts with the sequence of Kusanagi's cyborg body getting assembled and covered with synthetic skin
- Usagi Yojimbo had a kite festival story that began with a description of traditional Japanese kite-making.
- The Man Who Knew Too Little begins with a sequence showing the bomb being created and planted inside the Russian nesting doll.
- The movie Lord Of The Rings opens with the forging of the One Ring.
- The Iron Man films have countless forging and manufacturing scenes.
- Small Soldiers opens with the making of the military AI chips due to be installed in the toys.
- The chocolate bars in the opening sequence of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.
- The Coraline doll in the opening of Coraline is more of a destruction and re-creation sequence.
- Lord Of War comes to mind - it starts out following the construction and packaging of a bullet... and then moves on to follow the bullet as it's bought and sold, loaded and readied, and finally fired into the head of some poor, African kid.
- Most RTS games show your buildings being created with Ridiculously Fast Construction.
- Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver: Arceus performs one in creating Palkia, Dialga, or Giratina, showing real-world photos in the process.
- The Starcraft II preview released by Blizzard managed to make the creation of one of the weakest units in the game almost umbearably epic. Can be found here if you haven't seen it.
- Samurai Jack: in "Jack's Sandals", after going through many different types of shoes, Jack finds a Japanese mechanic who makes him new wooden sandals, starting with some measurements, a block of wood, and such.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable