Do We Have This One?
? Up for Grabs
The process of creating a creature or an object, be it mechanically or magically.
, for when it is the creation of a weapon, and A-Team Montage
are Sub Tropes
See also Transformation Sequence
, Technology Porn
Anime and Manga
- Ghost in the Shell starts with the sequence of Kusanagi's cyborg body getting assembled and covered with synthetic skin
- Usagi Yojimbo had a kite festival story that began with a description of traditional Japanese kite-making.
- The Man Who Knew Too Little begins with a sequence showing the bomb being created and planted inside the Russian nesting doll.
- The movie Lord of the Rings opens with the forging of the One Ring.
- The Iron Man films have countless forging and manufacturing scenes.
- Small Soldiers opens with the making of the military AI chips due to be installed in the toys.
- The chocolate bars in the opening sequence of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- The Coraline doll in the opening of Coraline is more of a destruction and re-creation sequence.
- Lord of War comes to mind - it starts out following the construction and packaging of a bullet... and then moves on to follow the bullet as it's bought and sold, loaded and readied, and finally fired into the head of some poor, African kid.
- Samurai Jack: in "Jack's Sandals", after going through many different types of shoes, Jack finds a Japanese mechanic who makes him new wooden sandals, starting with some measurements, a block of wood, and such.