Created By: EmbracingShadows on August 21, 2011 Last Edited By: EmbracingShadows on October 20, 2011
Lower eyelashes are rarely if ever as prominent as upper ones in Real Life, but in animation, most especially in Anime, this is a semi-common phenomenon. When they appear on a male character, expect him to be Hot-Blooded and Crazy Awesome. They are somewhat less indicative of a female character's personality, unless she has brothers. It almost always runs in the family.
ExamplesManga and Anime
- The entire Shiba family from Bleach has these, though they are most apparent on Ganju.
- Olivier Mira Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist has these, as does her little sister Catherine (though in her rare case, her upper ones are still quite prominent themselves).
- A few characters from The Irresponsible Captain Tylor have these.
- Fumu from Kirby of the Stars.
- Rock Lee from Naruto has these. As does his equally Hot-Blooded teacher, Might Guy.
- Mr. 2 from One Piece uses mascara to this effect. In keeping with the show's nature, he can remove them and use them as Precision Guided Boomerangs.
- Stocking from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. One of the rare cases where the trait is not shared by her sister.
- Kurumu from Rosario + Vampire. She gets them from her mother.
- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Simon doesn't because they are Not Blood Siblings.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.