In movies, people may attack each other with one person's weapon being destroyed with little effort on the part of the person who broke it. Anime and Manga
- Possible example in Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force: Signum's sword Laevatein is shattered near the hilt upon coming into contact with Cypha's forearm. However, Laevatein was already badly damaged at that point and Cypha has additionally entered a Super Mode.
- In Kill Bill Vol. 1, The Bride easily cuts down a yakuza member's katana blade piece by piece with quick little swipes.
- In the fight between Scott and Gideon in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Scott's sword is easily broken just by him dropping it after being attacked.
- The Golden Child. Chandler Jarrell uses a pool cue against Tommy Chong, one of the Big Bad's minions. Chong breaks off most of the cue, leaving Jarrell with just a stub.
- Big Trouble in Little China. In the big battle scene at the end, Thunder smashes Jack Burton's machine pistol into dust with a single blow.
- In Mass Effect 3, Shepard effortless shatters Kai Leng's blade with his/her forearm if a certain Renegade interrupt is taken. Which begs the question why s/he didn't do so earlier, seeing how the blade wasn't even visibly damaged at the time.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.