Paper Swords YKTTW Discussion
When one person attacks and breaks another person weapon with relative ease
In movies, people may attack each other with one person's weapon being destroyed with little effort on the part of the person who broke it. Anime and Manga
- Possible example in Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force: Signum's sword Laevatein is shattered near the hilt upon coming into contact with Cypha's forearm. However, Laevatein was already badly damaged at that point and Cypha has additionally entered a Super Mode.
- In Kill Bill Vol. 1, The Bride easily cuts down a yakuza member's katana blade piece by piece with quick little swipes.
- In the fight between Scott and Gideon in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Scott's sword is easily broken just by him dropping it after being attacked.
- The Golden Child. Chandler Jarrell uses a pool cue against Tommy Chong, one of the Big Bad's minions. Chong breaks off most of the cue, leaving Jarrell with just a stub.
- Big Trouble in Little China. In the big battle scene at the end, Thunder smashes Jack Burton's machine pistol into dust with a single blow.
- In Mass Effect 3, Shepard effortless shatters Kai Leng's blade with his/her forearm if a certain Renegade interrupt is taken. Which begs the question why s/he didn't do so earlier, seeing how the blade wasn't even visibly damaged at the time.