You pay for nothing. You're always like "Ohh, I'll get you later," but later never comes.Do We Have This One? This is for cases where one character claims they will do something later, but later never comes. This could be in the case of a Ridiculous Procrastinator, or someone who owes money, but they are not the only contexts this concept could be presented in.
- Quagmire to Brian, from Family Guy
- The above page quotation from Family Guy, of course.
- Wimpy's "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" on Popeye.
- Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Someday never Comes"
- Annie's "Tomorrow". It's always a day away.
- The running gag in Doctor Who spoof "The Curse of Fatal Death", where the Doctor handwaves every plot hole and bit of technobabble with "I'll explain later".
- After mission 3 of Ace Combat 5, Chopper is very excited about telling your commander/instructor, who has been shot down earlier, about your victory. However, Captain Bartlett never returns to the Sand Island. And Chopper dies long before you meet Bartlett again.
- Buckaroo Banzai. While Reno and New Jersey are going through a laboratory, New Jersey sees a watermelon in a piece of machinery. He asks Reno "Why is there a watermelon there?" and Reno replies "I'll tell you later". He never does. Watch it here.
- Through The Looking Glass:
Queen: The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam to-day.
- In the Sponge Bob Square Pants episode "Rock-A-Bye Bivalve", SpongeBob and Patrick are taking care of a baby scallop. Patrick as the "daddy" goes to work, while SpongeBob stays at home taking care of Junior and doing all the chores. He asks Patrick to help out and take the baby for one day, and Patrick keeps saying "tomorrow for sure"... but he never does.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable