MetalBandMascot Metal Band Mascot YKTTW Discussion
|Metal Band Mascot|
When the real face of your band is a fictional character
For some reason, Heavy Metal bands often have a mascot character that appears on their album covers, posters, t-shirts, and other forms of merchandise. The mascot is usually scary-looking but often has an everyday or even silly-sounding name. This trope mainly seems to apply to hard rock and heavy metal (and sometimes punk as well), with band mascots being virtually unheard of in other genres of music.
Examples of Metal Band Mascots include.
- Iron Maiden's Eddie the Head is probably the most famous metal mascot in the world.
- Megadeth's Vic Rattlehead is another famous metal mascot.
- Motörhead has Snaggletooth (often nicknamed the War-Pig).
- Manowar has the Manowarrior, a Conan-like barbarian warrior with glowing eyes and a shadowy face.
- Dio has Murray, a demon with a very un-demonic name.
- Iced Earth has Set Abominae.
- Disturbed has "The Guy", a scary-looking demon with glowing white eyes.
- Dethklok has Facebones.
- Overkill has Chaly, a skull with bat wings.
- Black Label Society has a nameless skull that appears on all of their album covers.
- HammerFall has Hector, a knight wielding a large hammer.
- Metallica has Scary Guy, a crudely-drawn skull with fangs, horns, and a mohawk.