Sometimes the internet hivemind will take a normally friendly character and depict them as an Ax-Crazy psychotic killer. Of course this is usually Played for Laughs of the Black Comedy sort, remember the MST3K Mantra. This could be the result of stalker behaviour or creepy expressions or a character's mental disorders exagerated to it horrible conclusion. Subtrope of Memetic Mutation. Related to Memetic Badass. Compare and contrast with Ron the Death Eater. While both are about depictions of characters being evil or psycho, this trope is generally more silly and light-hearted, being Played for Laughs. Ron the Death Eater is much more serious and often stems from hatred of a character. Anyone with Clingy Jealous Girl, Cute and Psycho, or Yandere tendencies is just asking for this kind of depiction. Just as damaging to a character's reputation as the Memetic Molester, who is depicted as a rapist/molester figure for laughs rather than a murderous psychopath. Subjective Trope. Related to Never Live It Down in some cases. Up for grabs. Examples: Advertising:
- Thanks to several Remix Comics on Cracked by Seanbaby, Popsicle Pete (a mascot for a brand of popsicles) has been turned into this, a Creepy Child who murders indiscriminately and incites children to follow, and is possibly the herald to an ancient evil. His Catch Phrase is "NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE!"
- Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball Z started to get a reputation for psychopathy as the result of the Team Four Star DBZ the Abridged series. Its gotten to the point where the 4star version of the character has his own page on the villains wiki.
- Azumanga Daioh:
- Osaka became one in a Never Live It Down sort of way after the "wake up frying pan" fiasco. She accidentally brought a knife.
- Yomi to a lesser extent, mainly when it comes to furries.
- RanmaOneHalf, pretty much any character in the whole cast can swing between this and Ron the Death Eater in fanfics, Depending on the Author.
- To pick an example, The Tendo Sisters. Akane devolves into a paranoid, smash- (or rather, mallet- happy) violent maniac who can turn a simple 'good morning' into an example of the hentai conspiracy (especially if it's given by Ranma). Kasumi is, whether for good or evil (awesome optional), an example of Beware the Nice Ones talen Up to Eleven, and Nabiki... well, she's more of a Memetic Sociopath (in canon (manga, most specifically), she's The Barnum... and a pretty amoral one, by the way).
- Also, Shampoo. Her 'obstacles are made for killing' attitude is present in Anime and Manga, but fanfic twists it into her wanting to kill anybody who she could classify as an 'obstacle', regardless of how reasonable that is, or how good her odds are.
- This is the purpose behind the Super Dickery website--portraying Superman (and occasionally other superheroes) as complete psychos for laughs by purposely taking things out of context. Of course, the source material makes it pretty easy....
- Sesame Street:
- Bert, namely the "Bert Is Evil" meme. 
- Elmo gets this sort of mutation as well.
- Hooch in Scrubs
Everybody: Hooch is crazy!
- Inverted in Warhammer 40K, of all places. Fans love to portray Kharn the Betrayer, the single most psychopathic Blood Knight Super Soldier in the galaxy, as a Cloud Cuckoo Lander/Psychopathic Manchild who just wants to have fun butchering the servants of the false Emperor in the name of Chaos, like playing wishbones with a commissar, grabbing the commissar's cap and using it to slaughter half his men, sticking explosives on his side's transports as a prank, spelling amusing messages with dead bodies, making carnage angels, etc. If ever you see Kharn's name followed by "What a guy!", it's a reference to this view.
- The Villager from Animal Crossing, after his unveil in the Wii U Super Smash Brothers game. It took all of two hours post announcement for him to develop this reputation.
- The Wii Fit Trainer saw similar Memetic Mutation.
- Cream the Rabbit from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, due to being a 6-year old rabbit girl. Often mutated into Cute and Psycho or an Enfant Terrible.
- Yuuka Kazami is often portrayed as violently dismembering anyone who hurts her sunflowers. Several other characters can get this treatment (usually the beast youkai or Rumia), but Yuuka is the most common.
- Another example is Sanae Kochiya, the newcomer shrine maiden. Due to one of her routes in Undefined Fantastic Object where she's a bit...overenthusiastic in her youkai hunting, fans run off with her characterization and she's often depicted as addicted to "youkai extermination". She's either a complete sadist like Yuuka or just downright murderous towards all youkai. Her most frequent victim is Kogasa.
- Magikarp from Pokťmon appears in so many memes that of course it applies to Magikarp. The joke works three ways: - Magikarp is feeble - One day, Magikarp won't be so feeble - It's often implied that Gyarados is such a nutter because he was abused as a Magikarp. In short, Magikarp is depicited as a psychopath that plots revenge to unfurl when it evolves.
- Although most of the cast from Higurashi: When They Cry except Mion have times when they do go crazy, the biggest victim of memetic exageration of psychopathy is Rena (who's normally energetic, cheerful, but a bit bi-polar). She's also considered a Memetic Molester over her urge to "take things home with her".
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- Pinkie Pie especially post Fanfic/Cupcakes.
- Big McIntosh also got this reputation after "Sweet Apple Massacre". Unfortunately, this was an example that was not funny.
- Fluttershy, due to her being the most passive and shy character, but having occasionally shown bouts of anger or strength.
- Donald Duck, if the Dolan meme is anything to go by.
- Goofy is memetically a vicious child abuser via the "Its Goofy Time" meme.
- Avatar Kyoshi from Avatar: The Last Airbender. By her own admission, Kyoshi was a pragmatic woman, willing to kill a dictator to stop his reign- but fans like to jokingly portray her as someone who wants to bathe in the blood of her enemies and the like.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable