ChocolateOfRomance Chocolate Of Romance YKTTW Discussion
|Chocolate Of Romance|
Chocolate is a main ingredient in a relationship.Needs Examples Needs Examples
Chocolate is one of the main components of romance, relationships, and sometimes even sex (not necessarily of that kind, obviously, though it may happen). Chocolate is used, primarily, within these three contexts:
- The context of courting or inviting, when one character gives to another a box of chocolates, for example. A box may also appear in special celebrations, like the one year anniversary of a relationship or Valentine's day;
- The context of sex and intimacy, when one character gives to another a bit of chocolate, usually a bonbon or praline. Generally, it precedes the sex act itself, being part of the foreplay;
- The context of mending issues with their relationship (which is less frequent), with the character who gives usually asking for forgiveness or a pardon.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- In Axis Powers Hetalia, the Valentine's Day strip involves, well, Valentine's Day chocolate. England goes to give America a chocolate bar that he had heard America wanted, but sees that he already has an entire bucket full of chocolate.
- In an OVA DVD of Kanokon, Chizuru is trying to figure out what kind of chocolate to get for Kouta for Valentines day, her various ideas being a chocolate bar wedged inbetween her breasts, chocolate molds of her breasts, and finally, a chocolate bikini, which Kouta is to eat off of her. She just ends up giving him a traditional box of chocolates.
- In Love Hina all of the girls do this for Keitaro since they all have feelings for him, in different ways and magnitudes.
- In Hayate the Combat Butler, Hinagiku Katsura gets a massive pile of chocolate on Valentine's Day.
- In Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, Itoshiki gets gifts from his entire class, although only two of them are clearly chocolate hearts - a normal one from Nami and one from Chiri which is strongly implied to be an actual human heart.
- In K-On!, for Valentine's Day, Azusa thought about giving Mio some chocolate before giving a Suspiciously Specific Denial to Ui.
- In Potemayo a girl gives Nene's friend Kyo (the athletic, cool girl) chocolate on Valentine's Day.
- In Vampire Knight, all of the vampires get incredible amounts of chocolate from the unknowing in-universe fan girls.
- In the anime adaptation of Hidamari Sketch, Sae received Valentine's Day chocolates from girls when she was in junior high.
- Chocolat is almost entirely centred around this.
Vianne Rocher: And these are for your husband. Unrefined cacao nips from Guatemala, to awaken the passions.Yvette Marceau: Psshh. You've obviously never met my husband.Vianne Rocher: Well, you've obviously never tried these.
- The Room: A random scene (like much of the movie) has a couple sneak into Johnny's house for some romantic time. The guy brings a box of chocolate for the occasion.
Mike: Did you, uh, know that chocolate is the symbol of love.
- One of the cutest/funniest things that ever happened on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway show was when Little Ant and Dec interviewed Mila Kunis and gave her a box of chocolates... which they'd already eaten. Then turned down a second date with her.
- In the Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People episode Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad, in order to mend Homestar's relationship (and get him out of his house), puts "ChocoOpps" (which are revealed to be nothing more than chocolate-covered packaging peanuts) on Marzipan's door.
- In recent Harvest Moon games, ou get delicious homemade goodies on Winter 14 (if you're a boy) or Spring 14 (if you're a girl). This, however, only happens with marriageable characters who are at a certain number of love points.
- As part of their Ship Tease (before Accent Core Plus and Overture torpedoed the vessel), Jam is seen taking Ky on a picnic at the end of her third Guilty Gear XX story path, attempting to feed the apprehensive cop with heart-shaped chocolates she prepared by hand.
- In an episode of The Simpsons, Manjula receives a life-sized chcocolate in the shape of Apu. Apu himself is inside it.
- In Gargoyles, Broadway gives Angela a box of chocolates (or, to be more exact, what's left of them) shortly after introducing himself to her. They later become mates.
- In Japan, Valentine's Day was commercially imported from the West by chocolate/candy companies, where the idea is for girls to give gifts of chocolate to guys they like. This idea is so popular and important that some artistic representations of the act even have the girl giving herself with chocolate poured all over her body. White Day was later invented for March 14, where males "return" the sentiments with a gift of their own. The usual method is that of giving him homemade chocolate and cookies, packaged in an embroidered hankerchief and tied with a ribbon. Sometimes, it will involve a handmade sweater as well.
- In the West it was generally common practice to give a girl, either for going out or on Valentine's day, a box of chocolates and/or flowers. Sometimes, a greeting card was also included. In the cases where this is still practiced, the receivers of said box are usually women over the age of 40 or 50.
- According to various studies, chocolate (especially of the dark variety) is one of the recommended foods that you can eat before having sex. Chocolate triggers feelings of relaxation, intoxication and pleasure. It also releases mood-boosting, stress-reducing serotonin, stimulates physical contact desires and lowers inhibitions.