This is part of a large scale project to clean up the eye colour tropes. This is one of several tropes being split of of Blue Eyes as per the TRS thread.
This is the unsettling variety of blue eyes given to particularly degenerate and creepy characters. They tend to be either sort of light and watery, extremely pale, or the type that seems to be too open
to the point where one starts to hope they'll blink soon.
[[folder:Anime & Manga]]
- Jonathan Teatime in Hogfather has one blue eye. With a pinpoint pupil. And he's completely Ax-Crazy.
- The last Kingpriest of Istar from the Dragonlance series of novels is a Knight Templar and is described as having watery blue eyes.
- Kell Tainer in the X-Wing Series is mentioned to have very pale blue eyes, very slightly too dark and narrow to make him look like a madman. If this actually meant anything, the author was fairly subtle about it, but it does seem odd. Hardly anyone in the series has eye colors mentioned.
- Ter Borcht in Maximum Ride has "pale, watery blue eyes"... and repeatedly states that the flock are overdue to be terminated.
- Career Killer Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men has eyes that are described as the color of Lapis, and are supposedly very unsettling.
- Stannis Baratheon from A Song of Ice and Fire is described as the "blue-eyed king who casts no shadow" in a prophecy. His eye color in that context, at least, is vaguely sinister.
[[folder:Live Action TV]]
- Castiel from Supernatural has the pretty-but-scary variety. Would you just fricking blink, already?
- In ''The Vampire Diaries, Damon Salvatore has startling blue eyes, which further adds to his creepiness.
- Alex Mercer Prototype. He has the creepy stare, He falls pretty close to Gray Eyes on the scale of colors, but due to graphics issues. Early teasers and concept art indicate that piercing, creepy blue eyes were a characteristic of Alex from his first incarnations onward. A trailer depicts his irises glinting from beneath his hood's shadow and his shapeshift sequence changing every aspect of his body but leaving his eyes until last
- In BlazBlue the eyes of Robot Girl Mu-12 are of the creepy variety. Especially in contrast to the red eyes of Nu-13 (who was either an Emotionless Girl or a Yandere if Ragna's about) and the hidden eyes of their predecessor Lambada-11 (who was treated as an Empty Shell) but most of all compared to Noel's green eyes, until she was Mind Raped and forcefully converted (or finished being built by some arguments) into Mu (don't worry, she gets better).