The Generic White-Collar Office Job
That office job that lots of fictional dads have, but it\'s never specified what their actual role in the company is
- Too many advertisements involving work to count.
- The father, Darryl MacPherson, in Baby Blues. He's called a "manager," but his department is never mentioned.'
- Dagwood from Blondie is constantly nagged by his boss Dithers about "contracts," but as for what those contracts are for or what he does with them? Nada.
- This was parodied in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants, where Spongebob and Patrick adopt a baby scallop. Patrick took the role of Standard Fifties Father and went to "work" every day in a suit, but at the end of the episode it's revealed that he just went to his old house and ate donuts and watched TV all day.
- A running joke in Friends is that no one can accurately describe Chandler's job.
- For a while Calvin's dad in Calvin And Hobbes had this job, but he was later specified as a patent attorney.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable