Will launch Friday, if there are no objections. A subtype of Pun-Based Title which applies to individual episode titles, an not the which the pun is based upon some element of popular culture, such as the name of a film, book, or song. Catch Phrases, song lyrics, adages, and colloquialisms can also be riffed on. Examples:
- Many episodes of the Syfy series Eureaka, especially in the third season.
- Gossip Girl.
- Several episodes of Charmed.
- A few episodes of South Park.
- Some episodes of the English dub of Pokemon.
- Many episodes of the English dub of the various Digimon series.
- Ed, Edd, N Eddy
- The Simpsons, which achieves many of these puns by incorporating Homer's Catch-Phrase "D'Oh!"
- The Food Network cooking show Good Eats does this for most of its episodes. ("Porterhouse Rules," "Citizen Cane," "The Egg Files," "Field of Greens", etc.)
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.