Will launch Friday, if there are no objections.
A subtype of Pun-Based Title
which applies to individual episode titles, an not the which the pun is based upon some element of popular culture, such as the name of a film, book, or song. Catch Phrases
, song lyrics, adages, and colloquialisms can also be riffed on.
- Many episodes of the Syfy series Eureaka, especially in the third season.
- Gossip Girl.
- Several episodes of Charmed.
- A few episodes of South Park.
- Some episodes of the English dub of Pokemon.
- Many episodes of the English dub of the various Digimon series.
- Ed, Edd, N Eddy
- The Simpsons, which achieves many of these puns by incorporating Homer's Catch Phrase "D'Oh!"
- The Food Network cooking show Good Eats does this for most of its episodes. ("Porterhouse Rules," "Citizen Cane," "The Egg Files," "Field of Greens", etc.)