Launching Soon, Feedback on name appreciated: Unidirectional Admiration or Blind To Antagonism?Basically, Alice holds Bob in very high regard. He taught her everything she knows, he made her the person she is today. She would trust him with her life. Bob thinks Alice is an egocentric sycophant who would stab her own mother in the back if it would get her ahead. So yeah, the friendship isn't mutual. Essentially, when great respect or admiration is not reciprocated. Could be a case of All Love Is Unrequitted, could be a case of one character thinking the other a Worthy Opponent, while in turn being thought of as an unrefined thug. See also Unknown Rival.
- The Hunt for Red October: When told by Putin that Tupolev is rumored to have a "special place in his heart" for Captain Ramius, Ramius remarks that there is little room in Tupolev's heart for anyone save for Tupolev, and Putin does not seem inclined to argue against the assertion. Later, when he receives his orders, Tupolev bitterly remarks that they are being ordered "to kill a friend."
- J.D. in Scrubs admires his mentor Dr. Cox to the point of absurdity, but for the most part Dr. Cox wants absolutely nothing to do with him.
- Call of Cthulhu supplement The Cthulhu Companion, adventure "The Rescue". The werewolf Rafer Pelton is looked up to by two insane men who want to be werewolves like him, but he despises them and would kill them in an instant if either threatened him.
- In Drowtales, Ariel idolizes her mother Quain'tana, who she's never met. Upon meeting, Quain decides Ariel is pathetic and unworthy of her attention. later, relations between Quain and Ariel improve.
- Fighter towards Black Mage in 8-Bit Theatre.
- SpongeBob SquarePants believes Squidward is one of his dearest friends, when in truth Squidward typically seems to hate him more than anything.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.