The True Companions have a scrappy-but-lovable talking Non-Human Sidekick, Robot Buddy, Cute Monster, or even an active imaginary friend. Due to the Applied Phlebotinum of the week, she is suddenly transformed into a human, and - heLLOOO NURSE!! All of a sudden, there are thousands of less than safe for work fan fictions and drawings about her, everywhere. Expect even the characters in the show to view her in a different light. Alternately, the phlebotinum may simply show the audience what she would look like if she were human. If the transformation is only temporary, it allows for a high-profile Cameo. Related Tropes: A sort of trans-species Beautiful All Along. May overlap with Bishonen Line. See Baleful Polymorph. Contrast Attractive Bent Species for when this happens to a human transformed into a non-human. This would also be a Sub-Trope of Humanity Ensues.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Boota from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has a Bishōnen human form.
- Yoruichi Shihoin in Bleach is actually a hot, dark-skinned female in human form.
- In Zero no Tsukaima, Tabitha's familiar Sylphid is secretly a fully sentient shapeshifter, whose more human form, as Tabitha's "younger sister" Illococoo, is not only startlingly attractive and quite buxom, she's also an Innocent Fanservice Girl at first, since Rhyme Dragons don't normally have to worry about wearing clothes.
- Played for Laughs in Dragon Half. Mink's father was a knight sent to kill a dragon. Her mother was... the dragon. As seen here.
- In the Marvel Universe, one of the heroes to use the White Tiger name was an actual white tiger transformed into a quite attractive female human. She eventually asked to be changed back to a tiger because being a human was too confusing.
- A short story based on Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdemar. A Herald and his Companion ( an angel in the form of an idealized flawlessly perfect horse, a mare in this instance) meet up with a well-meaning but somewhat senile wizard, who proceeds to "restore" the Companion to its "true form": an angelically, superhumanly beautiful woman. This complicates not only their personal relationship but a delicate diplomatic mission as well.
- In The Muppets, the main character is a muppet by the name of Walter. During one of his songs, he looks into the mirror and we see what he would look like as a human: Sheldon.
- In The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, four different woodland animals are combined and transformed into the quite fetching Animala.
- In X-Men: The Last Stand, Mystique takes the form of the lovely Rebecca Romijn when stripped of her shapeshifting ability.
Live Action TV
- Bewitched episode "A Bunny for Tabitha". Uncle Arthur accidentally turns a rabbit into a beautiful woman (Carol Wayne).
- Persona 4's Teddy is a blonde beautiful boy in human form. Normally, he looks like a creepy teddy bear.
- In Questionable Content, Winslow is an artificially intelligent iPod. When he acquires a full-scale human chassis, the in-universe characters say he's a bit Uncanny Valley for their tastes, but to some members of the audience, he's adorable.
- Artie, the super-intelligent gerbil in Narbonic. Apparently, Helen designed his human form to be hot.
- El Goonish Shive, when not turning boys into much hotter girls than actual girls, also has this to a degree. Grace's brother, who is normally a gerbil, is quite attractive in his human form.
- Futurama: Anthology Of Interest II has a segment where Bender become human. Amy apparently finds him attractive enough to kiss, and vice versa (as does Professor Farnsworth when Bender tries to see if kissing him works the same way it did with Amy).
- In The Last Unicorn, the unicorn takes on human form due to an Emergency Transformation. The result? Lady Amalthea, who Prince Lir falls desperately in love with. As seen here.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.