Meta:Trying to split up Somewhere A Herpatologist Is Crying into real objective tropes instead of a mess of tropes hidden in a YMMV page. Help doing this is appreciated. Needs Indexes, needs examples. Redirects: Hypnotic Amphibian
Trope:Reptiles Are Abhorrent. Everyone knows this. What's a way to make them even more so? By giving them Mind Control powers! A common subtrope of The Hypnotoad.
- Dungeons And Dragons. The Necrophidus is a golem-like monster that looks like the skeleton of a giant snake, with a fanged human skull as its head. It can perform the Dance of Death, which will cause anyone looking at it to be hypnotised.
- Vampire The Masquerade: Hypnosis is one of the possible uses of the Serpentis discipline, which belongs to the Setite clan, a snake-themed vampire sect.
- The Jungle Book, Kaa. In fact, Genre Savvy Bagheera is careful to keep one eye closed when talking to him.
- Futurama's Hypnotoad, the Trope Namer for The Hypnotoad, is Exactly What It Says On The Tin. For example, ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
- Robin Hood: Sir Hiss also did this briefly.
- Aladdin: Jaffar has a staff in the shape of a snake which he uses to hypnotize people, invoking this trope.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable