Funny Terrain Cross-Section
A terrain cross-section with funny objects and/or fossils buried in
I can't believe we don't have this one. It's when we see a lateral cross-section of a terrain (mostly in comic books and strips) which has all kind of fossils, aliens, treasures or crazy objects scattered in for the sake of fun. Somewhat related to Funny Background Event. Rolling Updates when possible. Alternate name: Funny Underground Event (?) Anime and Manga
- Doujin Work: Lots of random stuff around the subway tunnels.
- Pani Poni Dash!: From time to time we get to see anthill-like underground galleries◊ with pop-culture references, and Mazinger Z's head looming under the school pool.
- A Monty Python skit where a buried casket is shown next to multiple other buried caskets in a cemetery who all form a bickering community of the dead.
- xkcd 1110: "Click and drag". The last panel features a GIGANTIC map with lots of funny scenes including a veritable labyrinth underground. Someone figured out that if it were printable at screen scale it would be over a hundred feet long.
- As seen in The Simpsons
- Filmation's Adventures of Superboy shorts, which were part of The New Adventures of Superman show. In one episode Superboy travels underground and the audience sees dinosaur skeletons in cross section.
- The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth had the bus drill from one area to another using these as loading screens.
- XGen Studio's Web Game MotherLoad mostly takes place below the surface of Mars. Underground objects include religious artifacts, dinosaur bones, Martian skeletons and treasure chests.
- Plants vs. Zombies uses this as an easter egg and achievements screen. If one were to scroll down far enough, they would not only see references to other games Pop Cap Entertainment made (Like BeJeweled and Peggle), but it will eventually culminate in an upside-down picture of zombies in China.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.