People slide off the hands of an enormous clock. Can add a moment of drama if someone is hanging on for dear life as the hands slowly turns until they'll have no choice but to fall off.
Safety Last is both Ur-Example and Trope Maker.
- In the Phineas and Ferb episode "Quantum Boogaloo" the band "Bowling for Soup" slide off a giant clock during a music video.
- Harold Lloyd in Safety Last!. The Other Wiki link has a photo for the trope as well.
- The 1978 version of The Thirty Nine Steps, in which the hero Richard Hannay attempted to halt the clock's progress (to prevent a linked bomb detonating) by hanging from the minute hand of its western dial.
- The movie Shanghai Knights.
- In one episode of Monk a body was placed on a hand of a clock, falling off the tower when the killer had an alibi.
- The finale of The Great Mouse Detective.
- Parodied in Futurama, wherein Fry ends up hanging from a number on a giant digital clock. He's fine until the time changes.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.