A narcissistic character (usually if not always male
) loves how much time and effort he's put into his enormous arm muscles, and shows how much he loves (or shows off to others) them by kissing his own biceps.
See also Bicep-Polishing Gesture
- Anchorman: Ron Burgandy kisses his biceps before offering his love target "two tickets to the gun show." She does not appear as interested as he hoped.
- Peter gets caught doing this by Paige in a FoxTrot strip.
- This is one of pro wrestler Scott Steiner's (aka "Big Pappa Pump") signatures.
- "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff. If you watch the video for WWF's "Land of 1000 Dances" he's doing it constantly, to the rhythm of the song.
- The Brian Kendrick, who kisses after Flexing Those Non-Biceps.
- Dungeons & Dragons adventure IM3 The Best of Intentions. A picture of the Immortal PCs shows one of them doing a pose and kissing his right bicep.
- Female example: Muscle Princess in Adventure Time does this to her bicep after it gets returned in Princess Monster Wife.