The X Police YKTTW Discussion
|The X Police|
Someone is described as, or actually named, the <Something> Police.
Rolling Updates, No Launching Please, Needs More Examples. Much like the term "Nazi", the term "Police" is often attached to a person or group to describe them as overly zealous toward that particular subject. A Grammar Nazi may be asked, "What are you, the Language Police?!" This only includes non-standard uses of the term, so the Detroit Police would not be an example of the trope, but the Fashion Police would (which, BTW, needs to be a trope of its own). It can also include fictional groups whose names fit the pattern, and are clearly not really law enforcement officials. In no way related to The Police. (Could possibly be expanded to include "(The) X Nazis", as supertrope to Grammar Nazi, if you like).
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Dominion Tank Police: The titular crime fighting unit uses, you guessed it: tanks.
- Also Patlabor, which is subtitled: The Mobile Police, in reference to the SVU, a mobilized crime fighting task force which uses Humongous Mecha.
- Monk, "Mr. Monk and the Marathon Man":
Monk: (After fixing someone's sweater) It was askew!Sharona: So what? So what — why can't you just let people be askew? I mean, what are you, the Askew Police?Monk: Yes, I'm the Askew Police.
- Dilbert's Cubicle Police
- Super Troopers: Foster: What, are you the Shoe Police now?
- A Cinderella Story: Brianna: Excuse me? Like, what are you, the Dirt Police?
- The Simpsons, "Simpson Safari":
Pimple Faced Kid: I don't think that's possible!Agnes: What are you, the possible police? Just do it!