Created By: AlruneApril 22, 2011
Pornographic Women's Prison
Any story set in a women's prison contains unrealistic lesbian porn.
Needs A Better Title? Women's prison is a setting that stands out for how unbelievably rare its depictions are... outside of Porn that is. At most, only expect a vague allusion but the instances where the lives of female inmates are featured are vanishingly rare in comparison to male inmates. And the only thing that most people recall about women's prison is its Fetish Fuel potential. An unfortunate effect of Most Writers Are Male is that most of them have never been to a women's prison, nor do they know how life is inside of it. It can be because men are not allowed inside, much like women in men's prisons. It may be because female offenders aren't considered as Badass as male offenders thus less worthy of scrutiny. Or it may be because they just Did Not Do The Research. But, let's face it, it's mostly because most of them assume women's prisons a lesbian porn haven. No matter what, in sharp contrast to men's prisons, women's prisons are always believed to be a Fetish Fuel station where women learn to be bisexuals and how to please other women in a beautiful and chaste way so they can serve men's fantasies better once they get out. And of course, female guardians partake joyfully in it as well as the lucky male staff who live in this palace of pleasure! Needless to say, the above description is not Truth In Television. At all. But the preponderance of the porn-friendly description is so deeply ingrained that realistic depictions of women's prison as a main setting that don't include these elements are astonishingly rare. A case of Situational Sexuality taken Up To Eleven. May contain offensive tropes like Rape Is Okay When Its Female On Female. Compare Prison Rape.
- All over the place in Porn.
- Alluded to in Black Lagoon where Revy clearly states that she was a dominant dyke back there.
- Notably averted in Gothika where the porn element is completely absent.
- Also alluded to in Bound since it produced a wonderfully lesbian Gina Gershon.
- French book Le Serment des Limbes (transl. the Limbo Pledge) also heavily implies this trope when the main character has to interview a female inmate.
- Mo'Nique in her routine ''I Coulda Been You Cellmate', that is set in a women's institution, playfully toys with this trope about its implausibility.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable