Obvious Drug YKTTW Discussion
Drugs with names which clearly indicate what they do.Better Name Description Needs Help
In a real world, drugs are called weed. Or LSD. Or meth. Or cocaine. You can see that their names are not very indicative. How can you say that cocaine is something that can get you high based on its name? In fiction, however, drugs tend to be named Euphoria, or bliss, or whatever, so you will know it will make you feel good.
- The Stand. Flu Buddy is used to treat the common flu.
- There's a drug in Freddy vs. Jason called Hypnocil that makes its users have no dreams. Hypnotized peoples minds are just kind of blank if you believe Hollywood, so it might count.
- A very non-humorous example in 'Quietus' from Children of Men. It's a suicide pill. You can get it cheap from the government.
- The Harry Potter series. Skele-gro is used to re-grow lost bones.
- Hyperion. The drug Flashback causes the user to experience flash backs to previous life experiences.
- Father Ted had Dreamy Sleepy Nighty Snoozy Snooze.
- On Arrested Development GOB carries around some drugs he calls "forget-me-nows," which he surreptitiously gives to people when they discover the secret to one of his
tricksillusions. When GOB describes their chemical make-up Tobias identifies them as Roofies, aka "the Date Rape drug."
- Warhammer 40,000: Anti-Ague is administered daily to Guardsmen. "Ague" is an old name for malaria, so it presumably acts like quinine.
- Fallout series
- Buffout - Increases strength stat
- Turbo - Increases reflexes and movement speed
- RadAway - Flushes out radiation (portable chemo)
- Rad-X - Increases radiation resistance
- Med-X - Increases pain tolerance and damage resistance
- Stimpak - Heals injury
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Shake Like Me". If you're bitten by a radioactive black man and became black, taking Blaccine (anti-black vaccine?) will return you to normal.
- The Simpsons
- In the episode "Bye Bye Nerdie", Repressitol keeps repressed memories from resurfacing.
- In "Crook and Ladder" Homer takes Nappien in order to sleep through the night.