A character is put under almost complete mind control. Almost, because there is some trait they have that is so strong even mind control can't stop it.
- The Simpsons - In "Homer at the Bat" Mr. Burns hires a hypnotist to motivate the team and it seems to work, until he tells them to give 110%, to which they reply that's technically impossible.
- The Amazing World of Gumball - In "The Refund" one of Gumball and Darwin's attempts to get Larry to give them a refund was to hypnotise him. After testing to see if it worked by getting him to impersonate animals they again asked for a refund but he still said no.
- Lilo & Stitch: The Series - In "Checkers" Mertle manages to disobey Lilo's orders even under mind control.
- In the Rated A for Awesome episode "Sleep Smart" when nearly everyone in town is hypnotised by a subliminal message in a commercial, making them go to buy the advertised product, when Les and Thera's hypnotised parents go to buy the product the mom insists they buy new shoes as well.
- In the Futurama episode "Mother's Day" Mom orders all robots created by her company to rebel and help her Take Over the World, but there's no stopping Bender's vices.
Bender: Sorry, Ma, but you ordered me to rebel. And loot I shall!
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.