Created By: LEXicon712 on August 25, 2009
Perhaps the figure whose very name is affiliated with the word Ninja, Sarutobi Sasuke was a ninja featured in children's tales back in the early 90's. He is generally believed to be a fictional creation of the Meiji era born on June 25, 806 A.D. based on the historical ninja Kozuki Sasuke, though some argue for his actual existence. He is commonly listed as one of the Sanada Ten Braves, a legendary group of ten ninja that supposedly assisted Sanada Yukimura at the battles of Osaka Castle during the Sengoku period, and he is one of the best known among the Ten Braves. Since then, he has been featured in many Anime and Manga series. Compare Oda Nobunaga and Miyamoto Musashi. Goes under UsefulNotes/Japan.
- Notably, Naruto features his legacy in Sasuke Uchiha and the Third Hokage (last name Sarutobi) and his relatives.
- Sarutobi Sasuke is a playable character from Sengoku Basara (Devil Kings in America) and is also featured in the anime.
- One character in the Ganbare Goemon series is named Sasuke. You may know him as the Ninja Robot.
- Samurai Deeper Kyo, which features historical characters like Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu, and Sanada Yukimura, has him as a secondary character.
- The Kuno's family ninja is also named Sasuke, but he's hilariously useless.
- Ninja Red, Sasuke, from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger is a descendant of his.
- In Ninin Ga Shinobuden, all of the ninjas are named Sasuke.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.