Previously: Talking GPS Commercials, Talking GPS Device
We all know that a GPS is simply a electronic map that may or may not parrot speech, Or Is IT
rule of cool those quirky little devices can scale any where from Instant A.I., Just Add Water
to Automated Automobiles
- Doctor Who had gps device that killed people that knew about its alien origins. It did it by directing people to deadly place and disable or take control of car.
- In a Radio 4 play called At The Next Left (I think) a GPS system took issue with it's/her owner's adultery, talking about it, leading him back home when he was supposed to going to his mistress, (he was thinking about the situation and not paying attention) and finally telling his wife about the affair when she borrowed the car.
- There's a Cracked article where it turns out that Bill Kurtis has used his connections to become the GPS voice and thus arrange a perfect series of murders.
- This video was made as a appeal for a BRIAN BLESSED GPS voice, and features a couple in a Smart car taking direction from a GPS with his bombastic style. At the end, it revealed that it's actually the man himself, having squashed himself into the back seat.
- Of course, the BRIAN BLESSED GPS campaign was successful. Tom Tom are adding more voices on a regular basis.
Do We Need It
? maybe not but still gathering examples.
Also there is no need for paranoia
perhaps a rename is in order? Talking GPS Gag?
Needs Launching Votes