Similar to the Class Representative in her concern for anything school related and like the Queen Bee in how ambitious she is. This character is aggressive in his academic superiority. She will act like she's in charge and decide who gets to do what. She's no shy Bookworm. This can be a male character but for some reason, probably Higher Education Is for Women, you can expect a female in the role. They'll be found in a show that has a private school or a large cast as the one who will fight to be the best but is somehow still popular. The natural Student Council President but not necessarily the only one. Unlike the Queen Bee she is rarely glamorous and much more likely to be a friend sooner or later like the Lovable Alpha Bitch. The academic subtrope of The Perfectionist.
- Degrassi season one has Ashley Kerwin who is popular and is glad for her unchallenged status for Student Council President. Seasons 5 has Liberty Van Zandt who becomes Student Council President and then fights to be valedictorian. Holly J. Sinclair becomes Student Council President in season nine so she could do things her way.
- The first time that Rory meets Paris Geller at Chilton Academy in Gilmore Girls, Paris tells her how she's going to be editor of the school paper and valedictorian, ending with, "You'll never catch up. You'll never beat me. This school is my domain and the Franklin is my domain. And don't you ever forget that."
- When Elle gets to Harvard Law in Legally Blonde she faces this horrible preppy girl, Vivian Kensington, who tries to make her look bad in front of the professor. Vivian is a threat to Elle because she's a smart, serious, law student.
- Taylor Mc Kessie of High School Musical is the president of the science club at East High and a member of the school's national decathlon team. She wants Gabriella to join the team to beat thier rivals in West High and be involved in nothing else.
- Corrine Baxter of Strange Days At Blake Holsey High has a very strong competitive streak.
- Overachieving high school student Tracy Flick is running unopposed for Student Council President in Election.
- Head of the Class: Alan Pinkard is none too pleased that others in the high IQ class do as well as he does, even better sometimes. And he was really pissed that 11 year old Janice was in his high school - and even more pissed that she left early to go to Harvard, which is where he wants to go. He and Darlene were neck-and-neck when it came time to declare a class valedictorian, but the school's powers that be decided to make another girl, TJ, valedictorian instead because of the challenges she'd had to overcome.
- In Kare Kano, Yukino aspires to be the #1 in her class and is not pleased with Arima steals her top spot, along with the admiration she feels should be hers.
- Topanga from Boy Meets World. She even counted up her A's for the year, and insisted that her final assignment get an A, even though it wasn't for the grade, just to ensure valedictorian over Minkus.
- Lisa Simpson prides herself on her intelligence and always coming top of the class with straight 'A's. One episode of The Simpsons has her world collapsing when she gets her very first B; another deals with an even brighter girl joining her class.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.