Do We Have This One?
, Needs a Better Title
A form of Wait Here
in which The Hero
as a Tagalong Kid
or The Chick
with them. Usually found in the Action/Crime genre. Usually the Tagalong will get worried/bored and leave the car. Alternatively they may steal said car and crash it into the bad guy or through a wall And when confronted by their superiors will point out that they did stay in the car
. May lead to Accidental Kidnapping
Live Action TV
- In Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Qui-Gon tells Anikin to stay inside the fighter cockpit. Anikin is an experienced pilot despite being 10 years old, so naturally....
- The Dark Knight Returns: Batman tells the new Robin (a Tagalong Kid who has Jumped At The Call) to stay in the Batcopter, and don't touch anything. She's a computer whiz, so not only does she touch stuff she reprograms the voice activation to respond only to her Future Slang rather than Batman's normal English.
- In Alphas, Gary is told to stay in the car. It works fine until the cops tell him he can't park there and he gets arrested.
- In NCIS, when Palmer goes with Gibbs and the field agents to hunt a criminal. Gibbs tells him to stay in the car, so he t-bones the guy when he tries to get away.
- Chuck does this so many times by the beginning of Season 2 he provides the page quote.
- Happen so much in Castle that in the very first episode Beckett had to handcuff him to the car. It didn't work.
- Jade of Jackie Chan Adventures loves this one.
- Jonny Quest: The eponymous kid, Jonny never did what he was told. Ever.