Yandere's are Nightmare Fuel
what with all the obvious Sanity Slippage
, murdering of love rivals
, murdering of the object of affections themselves
, and suicide threats
, right? Well in this case it's exactly that kind of obsessive and dangerous expression of love that made them candidates to become the lovers/spouses of the object of their affections in the first place. Or the object of their affections could have been creeped out by their Yandere
tendencies at first but slowly grow to love them anyway. In some cases it may be related to Stockholm Syndrome
. In some cases, the Yandere
's love interest acts as a guiding light in the darkness
, becoming a positive influence upon her, thus gradually causing her to mellow out. Many Yanderes
aren't born, they're created, usually as the result of a traumatic past.
A character has a crazy (usually psychotic but not always) person romantically interested and obsessed with them, and they either come to accept it or to like it over time. There's also the possibility of including people who are subconsciously attracted to crazy people, and subconsciously attract crazy people.
Anime and Manga
- In Mirai Nikki Yukiteru and uber-Yandere Yuno eventually become boyfriend and girlfriend and have sex even though Yukiteru was initially freaked out by Yuno's obsessive love for him.
- Koharu No Hibi: Akira started out being creeped out by Koharu's Yandere love for him but eventually dates her.
- Madlax apparently accepts Limelda as a life partner in the end of the series.
- In Elfen Lied Lucy and Kouta kiss at the end and Kouta was apparently going to accept her as a girlfriend but Lucy supposedly walks off to die.
- In Fruits Basket, yandere head of the family, Akito Sohma ends up Happily Married to Shigure, and their relationship seems to truly mellow her out.