Futuristic Weapon Whine
A weapon makes a mechanical whining noise when it is used, to indicate its high-tech nature.
When a high-tech weapon makes a sharp mechanical-sounding whining noise when operated. It can be associated with the weapon charging up, or occur after firing, but the consistent theme is that the sound is used to show that the weapon uses advanced technology.
open/close all folders
Film - Animation
Film - Live Action
Live Action TV
- Many futuristic Mass Effect weapons have this sound effect.
- Starcraft's cutscenes feature the Gauss rifle making a sharp whining noise after the weapon is fired.
- TimeSplitters Future Perfect's Mag-Charger makes this sound when the weapon is first unfolded, and then a shorter version for whenever the player switches to it afterwards.
- The "Ominous Hum" of Sgt. Schlock's Plasma Gun in Schlock Mercenary.
- In Bunnykill 5, Dust's sword/gun combo uses this trope for when the gun component is fired.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.