Most human cultures have a dress code. In a World
in which the dresscode includes the Nice Hat
as a sign of maturity and badassery, it can quickly become a World of Hats, in which many if not all characters wear a Nice Hat
to make them more badass
Truth in Television
for many periods and cultures such as The Roaring Twenties
. This trope is usually invoked only for men
. The Femme Fatale
often also wears a Nice Hat
to appear more mysterious and subversive.
A signature element of Film Noir
, which is a World of Fedora.
Not to be confused with Planet of Hats
. A literal Planet of Hats
is a World Of Hats IN SPACE
, as in the case of the Trope Namer
, but not every Planet of Hats
is a World Of Hats.
Anime and Manga
Live Action Television
- Entire American film genres like Film Noir and Detective Dramas, and many films that play during the time from 1920-1950 made use of this.
- Country music as a whole is a World Of Hats.
- Many religious elites during their meetings. The Vatican loves Nice Hats.
- During wars, for protection.
- Most role-play games, either as Rule of Cool or as protective device.