Fantastic Gift Giver
A Fantastic Creature gives a gift to another species that the species did not have before.
(A) Fantastic creature(s) gives deliberately gives a gift to another species that the species did not have before. The creature(s) giving the gift might have stolen it. Sometimes this comes back to haunt the creature that gives the gift. Compare/contrast Touched by Vorlons which is when one creature gains a super power through interactions with a fantastic creature.
ExamplesReligion and Folklore
- A Japanese creature called the Kappa taught humans bone setting
- In Greek Mythology titan named Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to humans. This haunted him when the gods chained him agains a mountain and had his liver be eaten and regrown each day.
- In an Irish Folktale the Fair Folk taught a human dancing in thanks for returning something to their queen and then ordered him to teach it to other humans
- In the Book of Enoch fallen angels and Azazel teach early mankind to use tools and fire.
- In Eberron, Dragons taught giants magic.
- In Avatar: The Last Airbender creatures taught humans bending (basically elemental magic).
- The Sky Bison taught humans air bending
- Badgermoles taught 2 humans earth bending and the practice has spread quite a bit since then.
- Dragons taught humans fire bending. This came back to haunt them when they were hunted to the brink of extinction by fire benders for prestige that had a Surpassed the Teacher behind it vibe.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.