Dramatic Bite YKTTW Discussion
A character takes an exaggerated chomp out of a piece of food to set the mood.
Needs More Examples, Needs a Better Description Exaggerated actions are a great way to build dramatic tension. When one of the characters involved happens to be eating something, then a dramatic bite may be in order. A dramatic bite is characterized by exaggerated movement of the body, extra reverberation on the crunch, and mood setting background music, among other things.
Examples:Anime & Manga
- Often used by Kyouko of Madoka Magica, especially in the apple scene.
- Death Note: I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!
- Bakura. Observe.
- At the end of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest when Barbossa makes his surprise return he takes a large bite out of an apple. (showing he is fully alive as in the first film he couldn't eat because of the curse)
- The popcorn-eating henchman in Free Willy.
- Used in the intro to Iron Chef with a bell pepper.