have this tendency to get themselves in trouble, often requiring their parental figures to bail them out. Sometimes this goes to the point of violence or physical feats, where Mama Bear
and Papa Wolf
step up to the plate.
On the other hand, sometimes it's the parents
that get themselves in a sticky situation. But then, sometimes the children will go to any lengths necessary
to save their parents (or teacher, older sibling, etc.) from danger.
Any series with a Kid Hero
who isn't Conveniently an Orphan
is bound to try this at least once. See Adults Are Useless
- In Terminator 2: Judgment Day, John Connor risks his life to save his mother from being killed and replaced by the T-1000. After she's rescued she castigates him for risking his life.
- Penny's character in the Show Within a Show on Bolt
- Will Stronghold in Sky High.
- Spy Kids features this in the first movie, when the spy parents are in danger and the titular kids set out to rescue them.
- Indiana Jones has to rescue his father more than once, though he's no longer a kid.
- A Wrinkle in Time. Meg and Charles Wallace Murray go up against an interstellar Cthulhu-level evil to save their father.
- Mowgli in Rudyard Kipling's original The Second Jungle Book rescues his adoptive parents from the angry villagers, mostly for the sake of Messua - her husband's an ungrateful bastard.
- Captain Sheridan on Babylon 5 gets captured taking crazy risks in order to try and save his father.