"Whoever invented Mondays should be drug out into the street and shot."Needs a Better Description. Characters can sometimes hate a certain day of the week, due to bad luck and misfortune that seem to only happen to them on that day. When they start hating it, they often start dreading the coming day on the day before.
- In G.I. Joe, Snake Eyes hates Tuesdays.
"I still wake up in a cold sweat on Tuesday mornings. Tuesdays was 'debriding day' at the Army hospital burn unit where I recovered."
- In Office Space the main character is told "somebody's got a bad case of the Mondays" by a coworker when he's kind of grumpy. He asks if anyone's said that, to his next-door neighbor (who works as a construction worker) who tells him "you'd get your ass kicked for something like that."
- In a bit on Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! riffing on the report that al-Qaeda had office interns, one of the panelists said "We hate America...but we also hate Mondays."
- Arthur Dent's classic line in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
- In Buffy, the titular character knows that if someone is in trouble it must be Thursday again.
- The Mamas & the Papas, "Monday Monday:"
Every other day, (every other day)Every other day of the week is fine, yeahBut whenever Monday comes (But whenever Monday comes)You can find me crying all of the time
- In Garfield, the titlar character hates Mondays due to all the bad luck and trouble that keep happening to him.
- In Mutts, there's a strip where Sourpuss says he hates Mondays. Then it rains, leading him to say that Mondays hate him, too. Also a Running Gag.
- In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Arthur concludes that it must be Thursday because "I never got the hang of Thurdays".
- The Garfield example is referenced in Kingdom of Loathing, where the "Potion of the Field Gar" gives you bonus adventures for eating lasagna - except on Mondays.
- In Portal 2, there's an office where you can pick up a couple of coffee mugs. One mug has "I hate Mondays" on it.
- On Futurama Leela's former boss returns a poster to her (a monkey captioned with "I hate Mondays").
Leela's Old Boss: I also kept your poster showing your dislike of Mondays!Leela: Monday Monkey lives for the weekend, sir.
- As reported on NPR, "In 1979, Brenda Spencer opened fire with a rifle at the Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, Calif., killing two adults and injuring nine children. She later explained her actions with the statement, 'I don't like Mondays.'"
- This was the subject of a song by the Boomtown Rats, "I Don't Like Mondays".
- The secretaries Kathy and Cathy from The Kids in the Hall discuss this in one episode. Tanya the temp also hates them. 
Kathy: TBIM, huh?Cathy: "TBIM?"Kathy: "Too Bad It's Monday."
- Inverted in jPod, where a character talks on how Thursdays are the best day of the weel.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.