Needs a Better Description
"Whoever invented Mondays should be drug out into the street and shot.
Characters can sometimes hate a certain day of the week, due to bad luck and misfortune that seem to only happen to them on that day. When they start hating it, they often start dreading the coming day on the day before.
- In Office Space the main character is told "somebody's got a bad case of the Mondays" by a coworker when he's kind of grumpy. He asks if anyone's said that, to his next-door neighbor (who works as a construction worker) who tells him "you'd get your ass kicked for something like that."
- In a bit on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me riffing on the report that al-Qaeda had office interns, one of the panelists said "We hate America...but we also hate Mondays."
Live Action TV
- Arthur Dent's classic line in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
- In Buffy, the titular character knows that if someone is in trouble it must be Thursday again.
- The Mamas And The Papas, "Monday Monday:"
Every other day, (every other day)
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes (But whenever Monday comes)
You can find me crying all of the time
- The Garfield example is referenced in Kingdom of Loathing, where the "Potion of the Field Gar" gives you bonus adventures for eating lasagna - except on Mondays.
- In Portal 2, there's an office where you can pick up a couple of coffee mugs. One mug has "I hate Mondays" on it.
- On Futurama Leela's former boss returns a poster to her (a monkey captioned with "I hate Mondays").
Leela's Old Boss: I also kept your poster showing your dislike of Mondays!
Leela: Monday Monkey lives for the weekend, sir.
- As reported on NPR, "In 1979, Brenda Spencer opened fire with a rifle at the Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, Calif., killing two adults and injuring nine children. She later explained her actions with the statement, 'I don't like Mondays.'"
- This was the subject of a song by the Boomtown Rats, "I Don't Like Mondays".