Love Letters generally range from sweet to awkward. But occasionally, they're downright creepy. This usually occurs when a character gets love letters from an obsessive admirer. Typically, there's one creepy letter to start with, but as the recipient doesn't respond, it's followed by dozens more, all written individually and personalized. The creepiness of the letters can vary, from mild versions where the writer knows way too much about the recipient to extreme versions where the letters are filled with threats alongside the endearments, to anything in between. The one constant is that the letter will always creep the recipient out. Subtrope to Love Letter. See also Stalker with a Crush and Love Letter Lunacy.
Examples:[[foldercontrol]] [[folder:Live Action TV]]
- In Smallville, the second season episode "Nocturne," a teen whose parents keep him locked in his basement (to control his Superpowered Evil Side) escapes occasionally to leave Lana unsigned love poems at her parents' graves.
- The Blood Hound Gang's "The Ballad Of Chasey Lain" is about a fan of the adult film actress who writes a series of letter to her asking her to perform various sexual acts with him
- Eminem's "Stan" might also count, although it's not a love letter but just letters of an obsessive fan to his idol.
- In No More Heroes, Kimmy Howell gives the main character a letter that starts out pretty standard... before taking a turn for the Ax-Crazy.
- Ivan the Apprentice of Oglaf receives a series of decreasingly sane ones from his boss' minions as a joke.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable