Is This Tropable?
, and Do We Have This
There have been a few examples of characters in media that are able to cause injuries, and perhaps even kill, with nothing more than a sneeze.
The reasons behind this can be varied. For example:
- The character is capable of such feats of strength, that even the force of the air expelled by the sneeze has massive amounts of power behind it.
- The mucus expelled by the sneeze is the basis for a Projectile Attack.
- The sneeze triggers some form of Power Incontinence in the character, which causes injury.
Generally, this happens most often when superheroes or such catch colds, but it can be used in other methods, too.
Live Action TV
- In the Smallville episode Sneeze, Clark overworks himself cleaning up the city and develops what he thinks is his first cold. However, he soon discovers it is a new power - super breath!
- On The Young Ones, Neil's sneezing fit unleashes projectile bogies that damage the house and knock Rik off his feet.
- Viki in the Suikoden series is a form of the Power Incontinence variant. Her battle animations in V involve her attacking the enemy by sneezing, which combines with her teleportation powers to accidentally throw furniture at the enemy.
- The secret technique for Kim Pine in the Scott Pilgrim game is a projectile sneeze.
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 added the character Phoenix Wright, who has a sneeze as one of his more basic moves.
- In Sonic Riders, Jet the Hawk's Level 1 attack is to go right up to an opponent and sneeze in his or her face.