Is This Tropable?, and Do We Have This? There have been a few examples of characters in media that are able to cause injuries, and perhaps even kill, with nothing more than a sneeze. The reasons behind this can be varied. For example:
- The character is capable of such feats of strength, that even the force of the air expelled by the sneeze has massive amounts of power behind it.
- The mucus expelled by the sneeze is the basis for a Projectile Attack.
- The sneeze triggers some form of Power Incontinence in the character, which causes injury.
Examples:Live Action TV
- In the Smallville episode Sneeze, Clark overworks himself cleaning up the city and develops what he thinks is his first cold. However, he soon discovers it is a new power - super breath!
- On The Young Ones, Neil's sneezing fit unleashes projectile bogies that damage the house and knock Rik off his feet.
- Viki in the Suikoden series is a form of the Power Incontinence variant. Her battle animations in V involve her attacking the enemy by sneezing, which combines with her teleportation powers to accidentally throw furniture at the enemy.
- The secret technique for Kim Pine in the Scott Pilgrim game is a projectile sneeze.
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 added the character Phoenix Wright, who has a sneeze as one of his more basic moves.
- In Sonic Riders, Jet the Hawk's Level 1 attack is to go right up to an opponent and sneeze in his or her face.
- This strip of League of Super Redundant Heroes.
- Kirby invokes this in a Brawl in the Family strip, as seen here
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.