Needs a Better Description
, Needs More Examples
. A better laconic description would probably help, too.
This is where True Blue Femininity
is paired with its female Spear Counterpart
. Apparently, if Real Men Wear Pink
, so can even the most aggressive of tomboys (read: they can afford to wear pink or otherwise like something girly
); expect their girly counterpart to wear blue just as often. Sometimes, the tomboy will wear red, of which pink is a tint.
See also Tomboy with a Girly Streak
and True Blue Femininity
. Compare Real Men Wear Pink
and Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy
Anime and Manga
- Both Futari wa Pretty Cure and Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash☆Star have their respective resident Cure teams as examples, with (respectively) Nagisa and Saki as the pink tomboys and Honoka and Mai as the blue girly girls.
- Haruhi Suzumiya (tomboy) and Mikuru Asahina (girly girl) have a tendency to fall into this, particularly when Mikuru's actually wearing blue. It helps that pink is a tint of Haruhi's theme color (which is red).
- Sakura Kinomoto (tomboy) and Tomoyo Daidouji (girly girl) in Card Captor Sakura. The Movie even has a scene with Sakura wearing a pink Chinese-style jacket and trousers and Tomoyo wearing a blue Qipao.
- There's a mild example in Usagi Tsukino (tomboy, theme color of pink) and Ami Mizuno (girly girl, theme color of blue) in Sailor Moon.
- Lina Inverse and Sylphiel in The Slayers. Lina (a tomboy) wears a combination of pink, red and black, and Sylphiel (a girly girl) wears a combination of blue and green.