Needs a Better Description
, Needs More Examples
. A better laconic description would probably help, too.
This is where True Blue Femininity
is paired with its female Spear Counterpart
. Apparently, if Real Men Wear Pink
, so can even the most aggressive of tomboys (read: they can afford to wear pink or otherwise like something girly
); expect their girly counterpart to wear blue just as often. Sometimes, the tomboy will wear red, of which pink is a tint.
See also Tomboy with a Girly Streak
and True Blue Femininity
. Compare Real Men Wear Pink
and Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy
Anime and Manga
- Both Futari wa Pretty Cure and Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star have their respective resident Cure teams as examples, with (respectively) Nagisa and Saki as the pink tomboys and Honoka and Mai as the blue girly girls.
- Haruhi Suzumiya (tomboy) and Mikuru Asahina (girly girl) have a tendency to fall into this, particularly when Mikuru's actually wearing blue. It helps that pink is a tint of Haruhi's theme color (which is red).
- Sakura Kinomoto (tomboy) and Tomoyo Daidouji (girly girl) in Card Captor Sakura. The Movie even has a scene with Sakura wearing a pink Chinese-style jacket and trousers and Tomoyo wearing a blue Qipao.
- There's a mild example in Usagi Tsukino (tomboy, theme color of pink) and Ami Mizuno (girly girl, theme color of blue) in Sailor Moon.
- Lina Inverse and Sylphiel in The Slayers. Lina (a tomboy) wears a combination of pink, red and black, and Sylphiel (a girly girl) wears a combination of blue and green.