Walking With The Car
People in a car fight. One gets out to walk while the other drives the car alongside them.
A couple of people are in a vehicle, most often a car, and they're having an argument. Enraged one of them will get out of the car, slam the door, and start storming down the footpath while the other person drives slowly along while asking them to get back in. Occasionally the argument will start before the couple gets into the car, and other times the "argument" will be closer to one person being silly and the other person trying to encourage them back into the car. However the main point is, traffic is going to slow. The person in the car will be either very concerned, frustrated, or embarassed. Note that in romantic examples it is usually the female is the one walking but male examples do occur. Sister Trope to Get Out Of The Vehicle Needs a better title Film:
- Clueless: Subverted when Cher gets out of the car to walk after the driver puts the moves on her. He drives beside her and asks her to get in once before driving off.
- Gorky Park: The Film of the Book featured a variation. Irina walked off, but Arkady was unable to drive alongside her because his crappy car stalled out and he ended up struggling to start it again. He catches up with her a short distance later and convinces her to get in.
- Legally Blonde: When Elle is angry when her boyfriend dumps her. He gets her to get back in the car by telling her she'll ruin her shoes.
- That '70s Show: Both played straight and subverted in one episode where Kelso and Jackie have an argument over her keeping stuffed animals in his van. When she gets out of the car, Kelso drives alongside her until she gets back in. In the credits the roles are reversed during a new argument and after becoming impatient Jackie drives away.
- Lightbringer: Gavin and Karris are in an argument, and Karris attempts to take a separate boat to escape. Gavin destroys the other boat and lampshades how impractical it is, particularly when they are fleeing enemies and Gavin's boat is hundreds of times faster.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.