It's been two months. Why do you people not CARE about this trope?So you want to make an adaptation of some work that may be deeply philosophical or has a convoluted plot, but may be just a little bit too slow for a viewer to appreciate. How to fix that? Add more ACTION!
More shootin', more 'splosions, fast vehicles, badass music and here we go. (Plot consistency not included.) Typically done with The Movie of the Book. Very prone to Adaptation Decay although proves that Tropes Are Not Bad if the source material is plain boring. Is typically also Bloodier and Gorier. Can be Hotter and Sexier as well. Commonly either Darker and Edgier or, if the result is of cheesy action fun variety, Lighter and Softer. Note: this trope is concerning adaptations, spinoffs, remakes and so on, and so forth. The sequel version of this is Actionized Sequel.
- Futakoi Alternative is a quasi-Spinoff to a twin harem comedy in a form of action series, also a major case of Sequel Displacement.
- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha is becoming more like Gundam as seasons go by, but it's also the action spinoff to Triangle Heart which is a dating sim.
- Total Recall. The original story ends when the action in the movie begins.
- The Running Man, between the original and the book.
- The video game adaptation of Dante's Inferno turns the Divine Comedy into a Bloodier and Gorier God of War clone.
- The Sailor Moon manga focused quite a bit on inter-character relationships and character development while the anime adaptation was mostly an episodic Monster of the Week venue, with an underlying arc that rose to the forefront as it approached season finale. In addition, the anime monsters were Hotter and Sexier than those in the original mangas.
- Rebuild of Evangelion as opposed to the original series.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable