History SmallReferencePools / LiveActionTV

19th Nov '16 5:34:50 PM lucy24
Is there an issue? Send a Message



to:

* Generically: No matter how long a classic TV series ran, it always has the same theme music and the same opening titles.
5th Nov '16 4:14:12 PM nombretomado
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* Not only is ''InspectorMorse'' more than knowledgeable of classical music and opera, so are the writers on the show, leading to the use of works far outside the limits of this trope in the mysteries, and obscure jokes that only viewers with an interest in music will ever get.

to:

* Not only is ''InspectorMorse'' ''Series/InspectorMorse'' more than knowledgeable of classical music and opera, so are the writers on the show, leading to the use of works far outside the limits of this trope in the mysteries, and obscure jokes that only viewers with an interest in music will ever get.
1st Nov '16 8:04:53 PM LaptopGuy
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Netflix has given us all of four shows: ''Series/{{Daredevil 2015}}'', ''Series/JessicaJones2015'', ''Series/{{House of Cards|US}}'' and ''Series/OrangeIsTheNewBlack''.

to:

** Netflix has given us all of four five shows: ''Series/{{Daredevil 2015}}'', ''Series/JessicaJones2015'', ''Series/{{House of Cards|US}}'' Cards|US}}'', ''Series/OrangeIsTheNewBlack'', and ''Series/OrangeIsTheNewBlack''.''Series/StrangerThings''.
6th Sep '16 1:43:07 PM DaibhidC
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Consequently the only puppet TV shows that exist are ''Series/SesameStreet'' and ''Series/TheMuppets''. In the UK ''Series/SpittingImage'', but only to who was young in the 1980s and 1990s.

to:

** Consequently the only puppet TV shows that exist are ''Series/SesameStreet'' and ''Series/TheMuppets''.''Series/TheMuppetShow''. In the UK ''Series/SpittingImage'', but only to who was young in the 1980s and 1990s.
18th Aug '16 1:19:30 PM Tre
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In the 2014 SciFiChannel miniseries ''[[Series/AscensionMiniseries Ascension]]'', the library of the titular GenerationShip naturally doesn't include any works created after 1963 (the year it was launched). And when [[NumberTwo Executive Officer Gault]] tries to check out a book on police procedures to help investigate a murder, his sister the librarian tells him they didn't think to bring one along. He ends up watching crime movies; the classic film ''Film/{{M}}'' gives him an idea of [[SplashOfColor how to follow one of the suspects]].

to:

* In the 2014 SciFiChannel [[Creator/{{Syfy}} Sci-Fi Channel]] miniseries ''[[Series/AscensionMiniseries Ascension]]'', the library of the titular GenerationShip naturally doesn't include any works created after 1963 (the year it was launched). And when [[NumberTwo Executive Officer Gault]] tries to check out a book on police procedures to help investigate a murder, his sister the librarian tells him they didn't think to bring one along. He ends up watching crime movies; the classic film ''Film/{{M}}'' gives him an idea of [[SplashOfColor how to follow one of the suspects]].
12th Jul '16 3:52:56 PM comicwriter
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Japanese TV? Mostly anime, ''Series/IronChef'' and sadistic quiz shows.

to:

** Japanese TV? Mostly anime, ''Series/IronChef'' ''Series/IronChef'', ''PowerRangers'' and sadistic quiz shows.
12th Jul '16 3:50:51 PM comicwriter
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* The only science fiction shows were the various ''Franchise/StarTrek'' series. Or perhaps ''Series/DoctorWho''. 95% of the time, it's ''Series/StarTrekTheOriginalSeries'' that gets referenced. ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' accounts for the other 5%. In the 1990s ''Series/TheXFiles'' would be another point of reference.

to:

* The only science fiction shows were the various ''Franchise/StarTrek'' series. Or perhaps ''Series/DoctorWho''.''Series/DoctorWho'' or ''Series/LostInSpace''. 95% of the time, it's ''Series/StarTrekTheOriginalSeries'' that gets referenced. ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' accounts for the other 5%. In the 1990s ''Series/TheXFiles'' would be another point of reference.
11th May '16 7:52:59 PM OnGreenDolphinStreet
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* The first show ever aired on television was ''Series/ILoveLucy''. This is consequently the only show of the very old ones that is still remembered. No one seems to remember ''Texaco Star Theater'', the show that made Milton Berle a legend. Or ''Your Show of Shows'', which did much the same for Creator/SidCaesar and company. Or ''Life of Riley''. Or ''The Goldbergs''. Or, for that matter, ''Series/MeetThePress'' - launching in 1947 and still going strong today, it's the [[LongRunners longest-running TV show]] of ''any'' kind.

to:

* The first show ever aired on television was ''Series/ILoveLucy''. This is consequently the only show of the very old ones that is still remembered. No one seems to remember ''Texaco Star Theater'', the show that made Milton Berle a legend. Or ''Your Show of Shows'', which did much the same for Creator/SidCaesar and company. Or ''Life of Riley''. Or ''The Goldbergs''. Or, for that matter, ''Series/MeetThePress'' - -- launching in 1947 and still going strong today, it's the [[LongRunners longest-running TV show]] of ''any'' kind.kind.
** Not even ''Mary Kay and Johnny'', the very first sitcom on U.S. television, which tackled pregnancy four years before ''I Love Lucy'' did and showed a couple sharing a double bed (averting SleepingSingle), is remembered today. To be fair, most of the show [[MissingEpisode had been destroyed]], which doesn't help.
20th Apr '16 6:22:15 AM MegaMarioMan
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* Science shows? ''Series/Mythbusters''.

to:

* Science shows? ''Series/Mythbusters''.''Series/{{Mythbusters}}''.
1st Dec '15 8:15:35 AM babyhenchy1
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Netflix has given us all of four shows: ''Series/{{Daredevil|2015}}'', ''Series/JessicaJones'', ''Series/{{House of Cards|US}}'' and ''Series/OrangeIsTheNewBlack''.

to:

** Netflix has given us all of four shows: ''Series/{{Daredevil|2015}}'', ''Series/JessicaJones'', ''Series/{{Daredevil 2015}}'', ''Series/JessicaJones2015'', ''Series/{{House of Cards|US}}'' and ''Series/OrangeIsTheNewBlack''.
This list shows the last 10 events of 51. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=SmallReferencePools.LiveActionTV