History Funny / MythBusters

8th Jan '17 10:32:08 AM TexasKelly
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

-->'''Grant:''' [[GradeSystemSnark Look out, people! It's coming through!]]
3rd Jan '17 8:52:59 PM Willbyr
Is there an issue? Send a Message


'''Jamie''': [''no where near as excited, but grinning''] That didn't mess around.

to:

'''Jamie''': [''no where [''nowhere near as excited, but grinning''] That didn't mess around.



-->'''Adam:''' I think Jamie's is gonna be like: ''KNNNG! KNNNG! KNNNG!'' -- and I ''believe''... in a security manual? The proper response to that sound coming from your duct is to just riddle your duct with bullets.\\

to:

-->'''Adam:''' --->'''Adam:''' I think Jamie's is gonna be like: ''KNNNG! KNNNG! KNNNG!'' -- and I ''believe''... in a security manual? The proper response to that sound coming from your duct is to just riddle your duct with bullets.\\



[everyone laughs]\\

to:

[everyone laughs]\\[''everyone laughs'']\\



[another [[{{Beat}} pause]]]\\

to:

[another [''another [[{{Beat}} pause]]]\\pause'']]]\\



--->'''Narrator:''' Here's some key phrases from the 'Surreptitious Entry Heist Manual': Be the breeze. ''[KLANG]'' Light as a feather. ''[CRASH BONG]'' The footfall of a kitten. ''[KRASH KLANGKING BOM CRASHSHSHSHSH]''

to:

--->'''Narrator:''' Here's some key phrases from the 'Surreptitious Entry Heist Manual': Be the breeze. ''[KLANG]'' ''*KLANG*'' Light as a feather. ''[CRASH BONG]'' ''*CRASH BONG*'' The footfall of a kitten. ''[KRASH ''*KRASH KLANGKING BOM CRASHSHSHSHSH]''CRASHSHSHSHSH*''



-->'''Jamie (deadpan)''': I swapped it out when you weren't looking.

to:

-->'''Jamie (deadpan)''': -->'''Jamie''': *''deadpan''* I swapped it out when you weren't looking.



-->'''Kari''': "Save yourself the embarrassment- do ''not'' try what you're about to see at home."

to:

-->'''Kari''': "Save Save yourself the embarrassment- do ''not'' try what you're about to see at home."



** Funny out of context, funnier in context: Prior to the first test of rear axle, Adam gives his estimate percentage chance of what might happen, giving(summarized) "cable breaks but does enough damage to prevent a retest" a 70% chance, "cable breaks but leaves car intact enough for a retest" 20%, and "cable remains intact and rips off the axle as per the myth" 10%. After option B happens, Adam returns and claims he gave the result a 30% chance of happening. He's immediately corrected by a crew member, complete with flashback, but then insists that that was someone else and he gave "50-40-10" as his percentages ([[WritersCannotDoMath even though one will immediately notice that getting 30% out of that is impossible]]). After another flashback to his actual estimates, Adam delivers the line.

to:

** Funny out of context, funnier in context: Prior to the first test of rear axle, Adam gives his estimate percentage chance of what might happen, giving(summarized) giving (summarized) "cable breaks but does enough damage to prevent a retest" a 70% chance, "cable breaks but leaves car intact enough for a retest" 20%, and "cable remains intact and rips off the axle as per the myth" 10%. After option B happens, Adam returns and claims he gave the result a 30% chance of happening. He's immediately corrected by a crew member, complete with flashback, but then insists that that was someone else and he gave "50-40-10" as his percentages ([[WritersCannotDoMath even though one will immediately notice that getting 30% out of that is impossible]]). After another flashback to his actual estimates, Adam delivers the line.



* In [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2rVT9qgjw this]] "bloopers" feature, a close-up of flowers suddenly jumps to Adam giving a "viewer discretion is advised" warning. He then turns around and runs off into the background, showing that he's naked except for a large flowerpot held at groin level. Jamie just watches him go, and the camera crew can be heard cracking up when he hits his hip on the corner of the bench Jamie is standing behind. You can hear his "OW".

to:

* In [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2rVT9qgjw this]] "bloopers" feature, a close-up of flowers suddenly jumps to Adam giving a "viewer discretion is advised" warning. He then turns around and runs off into the background, showing revealing that he's naked except for a large flowerpot held at groin level. Jamie just watches him go, and the camera crew can be heard cracking up when he hits his hip on the corner of the bench Jamie is standing behind. You can hear his "OW".



--> "Remember when I built a robot that would swing a beer bottle into your head?" [reaches over with a spoon, spoons up and eats some of the gelatin] "Not anymore you don't! Mmm, what a delicious memory."

to:

--> "Remember Remember when I built a robot that would swing a beer bottle into your head?" [reaches head? [''reaches over with a spoon, spoons up and eats some of the gelatin] "Not gelatin''] Not anymore you don't! Mmm, what a delicious memory."memory.



--> '''Adam''' (Hammering a raincoat with a rubber mallet) Wait! (Jamie stops) Was that a guard? (Jamie chuckles) No!\\

to:

--> '''Adam''' (Hammering [''hammering a raincoat with a rubber mallet) mallet''] Wait! (Jamie stops) [''Jamie stops''] Was that a guard? (Jamie chuckles) [''Jamie chuckles''] No!\\



''[Kari and Grant walk away, not quite holding in their laughter.]''\\

to:

''[Kari [''Kari and Grant walk away, not quite holding in their laughter.]''\\laughter'']\\



--->'''Adam:''' I swear, I'm a cheap date!

to:

--->'''Adam:''' -->'''Adam:''' I swear, I'm a cheap date!



--> '''Adam:''' ''[referring to the hair-dryer]'' "What kind of ground-fault interruption is ''this''! It's ''pumping water!'' [[CaptainObvious I would say]] [[AndThatsTerrible that's bad!]]

to:

--> '''Adam:''' ''[referring [''referring to the hair-dryer]'' "What hair-dryer''] What kind of ground-fault interruption is ''this''! It's ''pumping water!'' [[CaptainObvious I would say]] [[AndThatsTerrible that's bad!]]



---> '''Adam''': Next item, one of my personal favorites...*high-pitched voice* the curling iron! Let's go!\\

to:

---> '''Adam''': Next item, one of my personal favorites...*high-pitched voice* *''high-pitched voice''* the curling iron! Let's go!\\



-->"Why is it that I am a grown woman, and boys are still trying to make me eat bugs?"

to:

-->"Why -->Why is it that I am a grown woman, and boys are still trying to make me eat bugs?"bugs?



--->'''Jamie''': *sing-song* "It's gonna go into the water..."\\
'''Adam''': [[RapidFireNo No no no no no NO NO NO NO!]] *Truck stops* [[BigYes YES!]]

to:

--->'''Jamie''': *sing-song* "It's *''sing-song''* It's gonna go into the water..."\\
\\
'''Adam''': [[RapidFireNo No no no no no NO NO NO NO!]] *Truck stops* [''truck stops''] [[BigYes YES!]]



-->'''Jamie''': [''to the camera''] Adam needs a cookie. ... We just tested it. It works. Stop whining and go have a cookie.

to:

-->'''Jamie''': [''to the camera''] Adam needs a cookie. ... [''back to Adam''] We just tested it. It works. Stop whining and go have a cookie.



-->'''Adam:''' I'm out, I'm out of ideas, just this second. ''(laughs when the cameraman pats his shoulder)'' When a pat comes from the cameraman, you know it's really, really bad.

to:

-->'''Adam:''' I'm out, I'm out of ideas, just this second. ''(laughs [''laughs when the cameraman pats his shoulder)'' shoulder''] When a pat comes from the cameraman, you know it's really, really bad.



(''gets into character'')\\

to:

(''gets [''gets into character'')\\character'']\\



'''Adam:''' (''barely holding it together, to camera'') He's pretty good.\\
'''Terry [=McGovern=]:''' (''still in character, exasperated sigh'') Are we done?

to:

'''Adam:''' (''barely [''barely holding it together, to camera'') camera''] He's pretty good.\\
'''Terry [=McGovern=]:''' (''still [''still in character, exasperated sigh'') sigh''] Are we done?



'''Jamie:''' I know ''exactly'' what you mean. ''*[[TalkingWithSigns holds up a sign that says]] "Every day I have to work with him"*''

to:

'''Jamie:''' I know ''exactly'' what you mean. ''*[[TalkingWithSigns [''[[TalkingWithSigns holds up a sign that says]] "Every day I have to work with him"*''him"'']



** At the end of the episode, the roles are reversed; Jamie's blindfolded and Adam's holding up the signs. As Jamie starts talking, Adam holds up a sign saying "Here we go...", and when Jamie starts lamenting on the fact that they couldn't figure out why [[spoiler: the myth was confirmed]], Adam's sign reads "Always complaining".

to:

** At the end of the episode, the roles are reversed; Jamie's blindfolded and Adam's holding up the signs. As Jamie starts talking, Adam holds up a sign saying "Here we go...", and when Jamie starts lamenting on the fact that they couldn't figure out why [[spoiler: the [[spoiler:the myth was confirmed]], Adam's sign reads "Always complaining".



--->'''Adam:''' "Master! He hit me in the ''head''! You teach him a lesson!"

to:

--->'''Adam:''' "Master! Master! He hit me in the ''head''! You teach him a lesson!"lesson!



--->'''Tory:''' "The ninja must go to the bathroom before he swings his sword..."\\

to:

--->'''Tory:''' "The The ninja must go to the bathroom before he swings his sword..."\\\\



** If you actually do listen, it's not merely nonsense, it's TrueArtIsIncomprehensible taken to the next level, acting like a French artist describing a surrealistic work of art in the most obtuse and [[LargeHam hammy]] way possible. Which only works to make it ''funnier''.

to:

** If you actually do listen, it's not merely nonsense, it's TrueArtIsIncomprehensible taken to the next level, acting like a French artist describing a surrealistic work of art in the most obtuse and [[LargeHam hammy]] way possible. Which possible, which only works to make it ''funnier''.



'''Grant:''' No, [[TakeThat that's Wall Street.]]

to:

'''Grant:''' No, [[TakeThat that's Wall Street.]]Street]].



--> '''Jamie:''' We got a gun that will do whatever you want. [points curved gun barrel upward] Duck huntin'. [points curved gun barrel downward] Fishin'. Heck, it'll shoot things you can't even see. Only $19.95. Curved ammo sold separately.

to:

--> '''Jamie:''' We got a gun that will do whatever you want. [points [''points curved gun barrel upward] upward''] Duck huntin'. [points [''points curved gun barrel downward] downward''] Fishin'. Heck, it'll shoot things you can't even see. Only $19.95. Curved ammo sold separately.



-->'''Tory:''' Toilet paper rope escape. Probably the stupidest idea ever!
-->'''Grant:''' [[FalseReassurance It's not that stupid!]] You've had stupider ideas!
-->'''Tory:''' I'm gonna kick your butt if I survive, Grant!

to:

-->'''Tory:''' Toilet paper rope escape. Probably the stupidest idea ever!
-->'''Grant:'''
ever!\\
'''Grant:'''
[[FalseReassurance It's not that stupid!]] You've had stupider ideas!
-->'''Tory:'''
ideas!\\
'''Tory:'''
I'm gonna kick your butt if I survive, Grant!


Added DiffLines:

2nd Jan '17 10:12:19 PM TexasKelly
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* Adam's KubrickStare at any fan(s) claiming vindication during the "Ninja Catching An Arrow" re-test. [[http://i.imgur.com/ANR6bNN.png It's a glorious thing.]]
30th Dec '16 11:43:59 AM TexasKelly
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** They stick a nametag that says "[[JustForFun/{{Hello}} hello]] my name is ninja" on the ballstic bust being used for the test, just for kicks.

to:

** They stick a nametag that says "[[JustForFun/{{Hello}} hello]] my name is ninja" on the ballstic ballistic bust being used for the test, just for kicks.
30th Dec '16 11:34:39 AM TexasKelly
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_zpMory-0#t=1m08s "Bull in a China Shop"]] myth, Kari is talking to the producer about the shelves they've constructed to put in the pen for the bulls to trash. After a couple minutes of talking we see [[FunnyBackgroundEvent Tory run onscreen in the background, take a flying leap, and land with a crunch on one of said shelves]]. Kari doesn't even look around, but from the patently hilarious look on her face, she ''knows'' it was Tory without even looking, and she's exasperated, but to be surprised would be to give the impression she's never met him before. It's made funnier by the fact that he just lies there afterward.

to:

* In the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_zpMory-0#t=1m08s "Bull in a China Shop"]] myth, while Kari is talking to discussing the producer about safety precautions they've taken with the shelves they've constructed to put in the pen built for the bulls to trash. After a couple minutes of talking trash, we see [[FunnyBackgroundEvent Tory run onscreen in the background, take a flying leap, and land with a crunch on one of said shelves]]. Kari doesn't even Adding to the funny is the exasperated look around, but from the on Kari's face as she finishes what she was saying ''without looking around'', making it patently hilarious look on her face, obvious she ''knows'' it was knew Tory without even looking, was responsible and she's exasperated, but to be isn't the least bit surprised would be to give the impression she's never met him before. It's made funnier by the fact that he it - while Tory just lies there afterward.silently basking in his efforts.
30th Dec '16 11:25:40 AM TexasKelly
Is there an issue? Send a Message


'''NASA worker''': Only if it goes off.

to:

'''NASA worker''': [[DeadpanSnarker Only if it goes off.]]
19th Dec '16 8:35:19 AM MarsJenkar
Is there an issue? Send a Message


*** In that same myth, we find out that beer + liqueur = Tory-ain't-hungover. Grant was ''seriously'' peeved; Kari just thought it was hysterical.

to:

*** In that same myth, we find out that beer + liqueur = Tory-ain't-hungover. Grant was ''seriously'' peeved; Kari just thought it was hysterical.Grant-ain't-hungover. (Tory, by comparison, had a splitting headache.)



-->'''AND MY VOICE GETS REALLY LOW ALTHOUGH SOMEHOW I'M STILL FUNNY! IT'S SCIENTIFIC!!! ''[[EvilLaugh HAHAHAHAHA!]]'''''

to:

-->'''AND -->'''[[TestosteronePoisoning AND MY VOICE GETS REALLY LOW LOW]] ALTHOUGH SOMEHOW I'M STILL FUNNY! IT'S SCIENTIFIC!!! ''[[EvilLaugh HAHAHAHAHA!]]'''''



* "Killer Brace Position", when they're finally ready to test it. You hear music and someone singing opera, then the camera shows ADAM, actually singing it!

to:

* "Killer Brace Position", when they're finally ready to test it. You hear music and someone singing opera, [[LeftTheBackgroundMusicOn then the camera shows ADAM, actually singing it!it!]]



** The one that ''really'' takes the cake is ''Finger in a Barrel'', the myth about disabling a shotgun by plugging the barrel with a finger. The whole thing is [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_4BY9dLtA presented]] like a ''WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes'' cartoon, complete with cartoonish caricatures of Jamie and Adam (later dubbed as "The Mythtoons") as "Hunter Hyneman" and "Savage Squirrel" respectively.

to:

** The one that ''really'' takes the cake is ''Finger in a Barrel'', the myth about disabling a shotgun by plugging the barrel with a finger. The whole thing is [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_4BY9dLtA presented]] like a ''WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes'' cartoon, complete with cartoonish caricatures of Jamie and Adam (later dubbed as (dubbed "The Mythtoons") as "Hunter Hyneman" and "Savage Squirrel" respectively.



--> Bad formations did not get the man on the moon and will not get this Mythbuster out of the water! This is ''Apollo 13'', baby, and Houston, we ''don't'' have a problem!
--> Jiminy Jack Christmas!\\

to:

--> Bad formations did not get the man on the moon and will not get this Mythbuster [=MythBuster=] out of the water! This is ''Apollo 13'', baby, and Houston, we ''don't'' have a problem!
-->
problem!\\
Jiminy Jack Christmas!\\



--->'''Grant:''' Don't use this. Really. He'll kill me.

to:

--->'''Grant:''' Don't You can't use this. Really. He'll kill that. He will ''kill'' me.



*** Adam makes an offhand remark during the above clip: "This doesn't usually happen to me; it happens to Jamie". This is actually a CallBack to a previous behind-the-scenes special (''[=MythBusters=] Revealed''), which features over a ''minute's'' worth of clips of Jamie getting tongue-tied. Including one ''during'' the interview for the special.

to:

*** Adam makes an offhand remark during the above clip: "This doesn't usually happen to me; it usually happens to Jamie". This is actually a CallBack to a previous behind-the-scenes special (''[=MythBusters=] Revealed''), which features over a ''minute's'' worth of clips of Jamie getting tongue-tied. Including one ''during'' the interview for the special.



* The boys did the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vhZ24WKV4o cold open of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson]]. Adam was in his spacesuit get-up, and both had to hold up cue cards for their lines in the song. But Jamie is just... Jamie. And for the most part, stands there totally deadpan the whole time, which makes it frackin' hilarious.

to:

* The boys did the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vhZ24WKV4o cold open of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson]]. Adam was in his spacesuit get-up, and both had to hold up cue cards for their lines in the song. But Jamie is just... Jamie. And for the most part, stands there totally deadpan the whole time, [[TheComicallySerious which makes it frackin' hilarious.hilarious]].



* From one of the early seasons while testing how to beat the breathalyzer, they had to have a few drinks first to get into the right range. In the extended cut of the episode, Adam's first breath test after proclaiming himself "lit" was... [[CantHoldHisLiquor a .03]]. (.08 is legally drunk.)
--->'''Adam:''' I guess I'm a cheap date!

to:

* From one of the early seasons while testing how to beat the breathalyzer, they had to have a few drinks first to get into the right range. In the extended cut of the episode, Adam's first breath test after proclaiming himself "lit" was... [[CantHoldHisLiquor a .03]]. (.08 is legally drunk.drunk in California.)
--->'''Adam:''' I guess swear, I'm a cheap date!



-->''Arg! Bleck! [[{{Angrish}} Wackem treggy wickum boogum barsher...]] BLEH! [[ContinuityNod Fudge! Babies! ...Baby hippos!'']]

to:

-->''Arg! Bleck! [[{{Angrish}} Wackem treggy wickum boogum barsher...]] BLEH! [[ContinuityNod Fudge! Babies! ...Baby hippos!'']]hippos!]]''



'''Jamie''': What are you, [[PeeWeesPlayhouse Pee-wee Herman]]?

to:

'''Jamie''': What are you, [[PeeWeesPlayhouse [[Series/PeeWeesPlayhouse Pee-wee Herman]]?
23rd Nov '16 9:33:12 PM TBTabby
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

** The animal doesn't even have to be part of the experiment: The "Ping Pong Rescue" experiment was delayed by [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFhiYr_nGk an otter that stole one of the ping pong balls.]]
21st Nov '16 6:37:37 AM RubyVisiblyShaken
Is there an issue? Send a Message


'''Tory:''' Sounds like?\\

to:

'''Tory:''' [[TemptingFate Sounds like?\\like?]]\\
4th Sep '16 10:17:38 AM weirdfantasy
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

*** A behind-the-scenes special reveals that one attempt to frighten a skunk was Jamie spinning in circles while holding the cage by the handle. Adam thinks he can maximize the scariness by coming out of left field and hollering in the skunk's face. ''While Jamie's still spinning the cage!'' Needless to say, Jamie hits Adam in the face, but, like any self-inflicted injury, Adam just shakes it off.
This list shows the last 10 events of 370. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Funny.MythBusters