Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Follow TV Tropes
Browse TV Tropes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History Funny / IAmNotASerialKiller
Back To: Funny / IAmNotASerialKiller
8th Dec '17 4:34:40 PM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
The frequent GutPunch moments and near-constant NightmareFuel do nothing to stop the series being hilarious(usually in a [[BlackComedy pitch-black]] way).
[[folder:I Am Not A Serial Killer]]
* John's famous speech at the Halloween dance manages to be this, a CrowningMomentOfAwesome, and NightmareFuel all at once.
* While it gets [[FunnyAneurysmMoment significantly less funny later]], John's first scene with The Cat is pretty amusing to anybody who has a cat and has had this same interaction-nay, ''conversation'' with theirs.
* Forman imitating [[MamaBear April]].
--->You learn a lot working at a police station, like the fact that a certain Mrs. Cleaver won't stop calling about her daughter's abusive boyfriend. 'Arrest him, shoot him, kill him!'
* John and Marci tag-team snarking on their friends is HilariousInHindsight.
--->'''Rachel:''' This place smells green. And a little brown, because of the smoke.\\
'''Marci:''' Can you believe these two?\\
'''John:''' It must be some kind of shared delusion.
[[folder: I Don't Want to Kill You]]
* Most of John and Marci's interactions, really, but especially John's [[NotSoDire horrible idea of what being a boyfriend is.]]
--->'''John:''' This means I have to give you some kind of cutesy nickname, right?\\
'''Marci:''' I don't think we have to go that far.\\
'''John:''' How about "sweetums"?\\
'''Marci:''' If you call me that again, I will find another date for homecoming so fast your head will spin.
* There's something absurdly hilarious about the whole concept of the climax. Nobody [[spoiler:''dies'' because she just wanted to get in John's pants that bad.]] Gotta admire the dedication.
[[folder:The Devil's Only Friend]]
* John reaches critical pettiness by adopting a dog to annoy his roommate.
* His conversation over "the speed-bump test" with Elijah. John's problems are typically PlayedForDrama, so when he goes full HeroicComedicSociopath, it's absolutely priceless. And remember that all of this takes place in the middle of a tense firefight in a darkened SupervillainLair.
--->'''John:''' ''[about Elijah getting shot]'' You'll be fine. I've seen you heal from worse.
--->'''Elijah:''' The only injury I've had that was worse was getting hit by that truck.
--->'''John:''' And you were fine.
[[folder:Over Your Dead Body]]
[[folder:Nothing Left to Lose]]
* Three words: [[TheQuietOne John]] + [[LargeHam theatre people]].
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.