Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History FanFic / Skychasers
Back To: FanFic / Skychasers
23rd Aug '14 11:06:11 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
** When Broken Shadow first shows up, Lightning Strike references Creator/MarkTwain by saying, "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
** In Chapter 24, [[spoiler:Cold Night says to Lightningstrike, "Your mate met a terrible fate, didn't she?"]] It's an obvious reference to ''VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaMajorasMask'', especially since the author mentions being a ''Zelda'' fan on her profile.
26th Jan '13 5:47:59 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
''[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7620163/1/Skychasers Skychasers]]'' is the first book of ''The Darkfighter Trilogy'', a ''Literature/WarriorCats'' fanfiction series on FanFictionDotNet. Written by [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1863047/Pantherfang Pantherfang]], it tells the tale of a group of cats living in a world unlike anything else seen in ''Warriors'' fanfiction.
In the Kingdoms, strategy rules all. The four Kingdoms must be willing to sacrifice everything if they are to survive. For many years, the cats of the mountains have warred over control of the Field, an idyllic plain in the middle of the harsh territory. But now, life is growing harder, and cats begin to question if they are really meant to live in the mountains.
Guided by the words of their gods, Lightning Strike, prince of the Eastern Kingdom, and Drifting Snowflakes, a duchess of the Western Kingdom, take the first steps of a long journey. They must unravel the origins of the Kingdoms and find a path to salvation if they wish to survive.
''Skychasers'' was completed on September 19th, 2012. Since then, a sequel called ''[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8529130/1/Firewalker Firewalker]]'' has been started.
!!The fanfic contains examples of:
* AffirmativeActionGirl: All throughout her time with the Kingdoms, White Fire fought to allow she-cats to become knights. In the end, her death helped achieve equality.
* BigBad: Cold Night, a murderous cat who preys on the heroes through dreams and in the waking world.
* TheCameo: A few characters from the author's other fanfictions end up having appearances.
* DiscOneFinalBoss: At first it looks like the Southern Kingdom will be the antagonists. However, the villain eventually turns out to be Cold Night.
* DisneyDeath: [[spoiler:Moon's Light seems to die in the first chapter, but she comes back a few chapters later to serve an important role.]]
* DistantPrologue: The prologue takes place thousands of years before the story, and serves as a sort of "God Origin Story".
* TheExile: By the end of the story, [[spoiler:Cold Night is exiled from existence itself.]]
* [[spoiler:FallenPrincess]]: In Chapter 10, [[spoiler:we find out that Ice Storm, princess of the Northen Kingdom, was tortured after being defeated by Lightning Strike.]]
* GenderBender: [[spoiler:Cold Night is male, but his original incarnation was a female god.]]
* HeroicSacrifice: [[spoiler:Drifting Snowflakes/Snowdrift sacrifices herself to pull Cold Night to his death and kill him. Unfortunately, he manages to survive, but Snowdrift's selflessness made it possible for Cold Night to be defeated.]]
* TheLegendOfChekhov: The Legend of White Fire, which is told late in the story, is true, and gives the heroes inspiration for the final battle. [[spoiler:However, it is later revealed that it wasn't completely accurate.]]
* MadeOfEvil: [[spoiler:Cold Night actually is pure evil, as he's the physical form of the corruption in a fallen god.]]
* TheMigration: About halfway through the story, what's left of the Eastern and Western Kingdoms band together and head off to find a new home.
* MindScrew: The story gets progressively more screwy as it goes on, what with hints at time travel and revelations about the gods.
* MissedTheCall: [[spoiler:Ice Storm was one of the cats originally chosen to lead the Kingdoms to their new home. She was too busy being tortured to go help out, but she does save Lightning Strike's life.]]
* MyDeathIsOnlyTheBeginning: Cold Night, the BigBad, is killed in Chapter 10. However, his spirit survives and preys on the cats from the world of dreams.
* NominalImportance: Every single named character ends up being important somehow. The sole exception is [[spoiler:Eagle Wings, who dies in a death trap in the first chapter. However, Moon's Light, the other cat in the death trap, ends up surviving.]]
* OneWingedAngel: Done in a very interesting way that borders on ClippedWingAngel. [[spoiler:After the FinalBattle, the gods turn Cold Night into the Devourer of Souls, a giant monster-esque form with incredible power. However, in exchange for this power, Cold Night had to agree to be exiled from existence itself.]]
** Shortly before the FinalBattle, it's revealed that [[spoiler:Fire Opal and Cold Night are actually the broken pieces of a fallen god.]]
** After the final battle [[spoiler:it turns out that White Fire and Drifting Snowflakes/Snowdrift are fragments of Felidae come to life as Kingdom cats.]]
* PoweredByAForsakenChild: [[spoiler:Cold Night]] eats souls to grow stronger.
* ThePowerOfLove: Deconstructed. [[spoiler:Love is an emotion of mortals, and when a god fell in love, she became a fallen god. This led to the creation and Cold Night, causing most of the hell the cats went through in the story.]]
* SecondLove: In the epilogue, [[spoiler:it's revealed that Lightningstrike/Lightningstar eventually got together with Moonlight/Moon's Light and had some kittens. However, he never forgot Drifting Snowflakes.]]
* SenselessSacrifice: In the first chapter, Lightning Strike sends Eagle Wings and Moon's Light into what he knows is a death trap just so he can show the other cats that it's a death trap. [[spoiler:Moon's Light actually survives, and she starts Lightning Strike's character development by calling him out.]]
* StarCrossedLovers: [[spoiler:Drifting Snowflakes and Lightning Strike were only together for a few days before Drifting Snowflakes died.]]
* WeHaveReserves: At first, Lightning Strike is perfectly happy to send cats to their deaths because he knows that there will be more cats that will fight for him. This changes thanks to his character development.
* WhatTheHellHero: [[spoiler:After it's revealed the Moon's Light survived the death trap in the first chapter, she starts calling the Kingdoms out for their callous treatment of life.]]
* WholeEpisodeFlashback: The entirety of Chapter 21: The Legend of White Fire is Raincloud telling the frequently alluded to story of why flesh sacrifices were stopped in the Kingdoms.
This list shows the last 2 events of 2.